Goucher has a number of weekly signature programs. We encourage students who participate in these programs to make a full, semester-long commitment. Many of these programs will require additional training and will also offer structured opportunities for reflection.
- Animal Welfare (BHS)
- Earl's Place
- Environmental/Sustainability Initiatives
- Futuro Latino Learning Center Children's Center
- Goucher Scholars (Volunteer and Federal Work Study) at Pleasant Plains Elementary School
- Middle School Mentoring at Barclay Elementary Middle School
- Read-a-Story/Write-a-Story at Barclay Elementary Middle School (Volunteer and Federal Work Study)
- Tubman House
- TALMAR Horticultural Therapy and Organic Farm
There are many opportunities for Goucher students to be involved in a Community-Based Learning opportunity. If a weekly signature program won't fit in your schedule, consider checking out some one-time or ongoing opportunities that have been posted by organizations or individuals in the Baltimore region. These opportunities will be posted frequently. Check back soon to view opportunities that you can register to participate in!
Have a Volunteer Opportunity That You Would Like To Submit?
Please complete the Submit a Volunteer Opportunity form.
Want To Share Your Community-Based Experience?
We want to know what happened while you were volunteering. Share your experience with the Office of Community-Based Learning through this simple Volunteer Reflection Form. These reflections will help us make informed decisions about future partnerships and provide guidance to other Goucher students as they consider community-based opportunities throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
* There are additional volunteer opportunities available through community-based learning courses and in the Academic Catalogue. For more information, contact Lindsay K. Johnson ’05,
M.Ed. '13, France-Merrick Director (410-337-6262, email@example.com).