The college's 2014 1098T forms will be mailed by January 31, 2015 by ECSI, the college's third party servicer. As a courtesy, ECSI notifies students by e-mail that their Form 1098T was printed and mailed. If you did not receive an e-mail, Goucher may not have been required to issue a 1098T to you for 2014, or the e-mail address on record was not up-to-date by January 31, 2015.
An electronic copy of your 2014 1098T can be found at www.ecsi.net/1098T. Go to #1 - "Click here" to login.
- Enter "KW" as the school code
- Enter the student's social security number without hyphens in the "account" field
- Enter the PIN number included on your paper 1098T form (Click on "Need help logging in" if you do not know your PIN.
- Under My Account, select tax information
- Scroll down to the View button
Electronic copies of your 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 form 1098Ts are also available through ECSI's website, if you received one for those previous tax years.
If you require further assistance, please call ECSI at 1-866-428-1098 or email email@example.com. You can also email 1098T@goucher.edu. Be aware that ECSI receives a large number of calls in late January and early February, and as a consequence, wait times may be unavoidable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you can find answers to some frequently asked questions. If further assistance is required, please email us at 1098T@goucher.edu.
What is Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement)?
We are required by IRS Section 1.65050S-1 to send Form 1098-T to students who had qualified tuition and/or fees billed during 2014. The form is used to assist the IRS and students in determining if students are qualified for education-related tax benefits.
Can I pick-up my 1098-T Form on campus?
No. Goucher uses a service to print and mail these forms. The service will send them directly to the mailing address we have on record for the student. If you haven't received a form, please email us at 1098T@goucher.edu.
What do the amounts located on the form represent?
- Box 2 represents the amount of qualified billed tuition & fees for calendar dates January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
- Box 4 represents decreases in the amount of tuition billed and reported for a prior year.
- Box 5 represents the amount of grants (scholarships) that were credited during the calendar year.
- Box 6 represents decreases in the amount of grants or scholarships charged and reported for a prior year.
- Box 7 draws attention to the fact that box 2 or 5 includes tuition or grant information related to an academic period beginning January through March 2015.
- Box 8 is only checked if you have been a half-time student for at least one academic period that began during the calendar year of 2014.
- Box 9 is checked if the student was a Graduate student.
Why does the 1098-T form show billed amounts instead of payments?
The IRS requires Goucher College, and all higher education institutions, to choose one of two reporting methods--either amount billed or amount paid. Goucher uses the "amount billed" method. Therefore, the statements will reflect tuition billed or grants credited to student accounts during the calendar year. It is worth noting that Goucher generally bills for the Spring Semester in December. As a consequence, Box 2 may include amounts pertaining to the next calendar year (Spring 2015). Box 2 or may not include amounts for the spring 2014 semester since those tuition charges were most likely billed in December 2013.
What if I didn't get a 1098-T? What if the information on my 1098-T is incorrect?
If you enrolled in courses during the 2014 calendar year and were billed for qualified tuition and fees but did not receive a form, please email us at 1098T@goucher.edu. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why did I not receive a 1098-T form even though I graduated in May 2014?
Most billing for the Spring Semester is done in December of the previous year. Because Goucher reports based on the "amounts billed" method, the related charges would have been included in the 2013 1098-T reporting, and Box 7 would have been checked revealing that the amounts in box 2 or box 5 include tuition charges or grants for an academic period beginning in January through March 2014.
What did I pay for tuition in calendar year 2014?
Please refer to your records for this information. If you need more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a 2014 calendar year billing statement. The statement will include information about payments made.