So, you want to plan an event. Not sure where to get started? Check out our Event Planning Headquarters, where you'll find almost everything you will need to create a great program!
Steps for Planning an Event
- Take a look at our flow chart for a brief overview of planning an event on campus.
- Got a great idea and need help getting started? Talk with the OSE interns for advice, answers to your questions, and guidance in the process. Please email OSEinterns@mail.goucher.edu with any questions or to request an appointment.
- Need some creative ideas as you start planning your event? Check out our list of programming ideas.
Basic Event Planning Needs:
- Check here for all paperwork needed to plan your event!
- Visit How to Reserve a Space for more information on room reservations.
- Learn how Advertising can make your event a success.
Money, Money, Money:
- Not sure how your club account works? Visit Club Finances 101 to learn the basics.
- Want to GSG (Club Council) for funding? Check out Petitioning Club Council for details.
- Need to pay someone, get a cash advance, or get reimbursed? Look at Accessing Your Club's Money to learn about the process.
- If you're interested in fundraising for your club, visit Fundraising, Selling Tickets, & Using the OneCard Reader.
Specific Event Requirements:
- Film Screenings
- Contracts and Waivers
- Events with Alcohol
- Public Safety
- Technicians and Custodians
- Use of Goucher Vehicles
- Using the Goucher Logo
- Off Campus Trips