So, you want to plan an event. Not sure where to get started? Check out our Event Planning Headquarters, where you'll find almost everything you will need to create a great program!
Resources for Event Planning
OSE's Event Planning Hours: Got a great idea and need help getting started? Take advantage of OSE's spring event planning hours: Mondays and Fridays, Noon - 1pm or Tuesdays 4 - 5 pm in OSE. You can also email OSEinterns@mail.goucher.edu with any questions or to request an appointment.
Club Advisers: We encourage you, as club leaders, to select a faculty or staff member who can advise you on planning events and managing club concerns. If you have questions about choosing an adviser, please talk with an OSE staff member. For advisers, please visit the "For Advisers" page for information on your role.
Umbrella Advisers: Each umbrella group (groupings of clubs and organizations with similar interests) has an adviser. The umbrella adviser can help answer questions about planning events and how things work at Goucher. For a list of the current umbrella adviser, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions- On Campus Events
Visit the following links for answers to your questions about...
- Scheduling and reserving space for your event
- Club finances 101 (including finding funding and getting bills paid)
- Additional costs (such as Public Safety, Technicians/Custodians, and Transportation)
- Contracts- when do you need one?
- Showing videos
- Fundraising, selling tickets, & using the OneCard reader
- Using the Goucher logo for fundraisers
Frequently Asked Questions- Off Campus Events