Congratulations on your student's admission to Goucher College.
This offer of admission reflects on your student's outstanding talent and ability, as well as your support and encouragement.
The right college education can make all the difference. Goucher College offers several big advantages:
- National Reputation. Named one of the top 10 most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report in 2016 and 2017 Goucher is also one of 40 select Colleges That Change Lives and listed as a top institution by the Princeton Review.
- A Transformative Curriculum. The Goucher Commons gives you the freedom to explore your ideas, pursue your own interests, and discover who you are becoming. You will also develop your critical-thinking, abstract-reasoning, and problem-solving skills. This will prepare you for the jobs of the future.
- Hands-on Learning. Put your education into action through collaborative research, internship and summer study opportunities, social justice programs in the local community, and campus leadership activities.
- Global Perspective. One hundred percent of our students study abroad—an experience that employers value. You can go for three weeks, a semester, or a year.
- Excellent Opportunities. Of the 87 percent of the Class of 2015 for whom we have information, 99 percent were
employed and/or in graduate/professional school within one year of graduate school.
- A Tight-knit Home. It’s all happening right in the center of campus. Grab a bite at the brand new Mary Fisher Dining Hall, then head over to the Athenaeum to do research in the 24/7 library. The soon-to-be-completed First-Year Village, with prominent communal areas for students to cook, share, and learn, is steps away.
Following the steps on the right is just the beginning of a life-changing experience for your student. Below you can listen to President José Antonio Bowen discuss how Goucher will prepare your student for a lifetime of success.
1. If your student applied for financial aid, they can track their financial documents on the online.. Offers of financial aid are mailed within two weeks after the offer of admission
for students whose financial aid applications are complete.
2. When your student is ready to enroll, complete the Online Reply to Offer of Admission by credit card or electronic check.
3. Schedule a family campus visit, check out the Gopher Day page or schedule your own personal visit to campus.
4. Ask questions and stay informed; we are here to help you. Be sure to check in often for the latest news and information.