Anna Heubeck Knipp was president of the very first graduating class of Goucher in 1892, a class of only five. She was a founder and president of the Alumnae Association, and she served as a member of the college's Board of Trustees for many years. She also co-authored the history of the college with Professor Thaddeus Thomas, which she finished after his death. Heubeck Hall, the second residence hall, was dedicated in her honor on May 6, 1957, and she was the first guest at the first meal in that hall. She died in 1966 at age 95.
This house is named for the wife of Benjamin F. Bennett (a founder of the college), Eleanor Bennett. The original Bennett Hall was on the 23rd Street campus in Baltimore.
This house is named for James N. Gamble, a founder of the Procter and Gamble firm. Gamble, a native of Cincinnati, was the first lay president of the Board of Trustees from 1893 to 1913.
This house is named for Elmore B. Jeffery, president of the Board of Trustees (1922-1929). In 1955, the Jeffery Lecture Fund was established for "the teaching of the word of God or for lectures on religious topics."
This house is named after Myra Dodson Robinson, through a bequest of her husband, Edward L. Robinson, trustee from 1913 to 43.