Club Finances 101
How do club accounts work?
- Your club has 2 accounts- a general account and a fundraising account.
- General account- this is where any money you have petitioned from SGA will be transferred. If you received funds through fall or spring budgeting, that money will also be deposited into your general account.
- Fundraising account- this exists as a place for you to deposit any money that you raise through fundraising or ticket sales.
- Before the school year starts, any money that is left in your club's general account will be rolled back into the SGA general fund. However, the money in your fundraising account rolls over from year to year.
How do I know if my club has any money?
- If you're not certain of your club's balance, please contact the SGA treasurer.
I don't know my club's account number. Who should I ask?
- You can get your club's account number from the SGA treasurer or Stacy Patterson in OSE.
Who's in charge of managing my club's money?
- Each club should elect a treasurer who will manage budgeting, submit funding requests to SGA, and manage purchases.
- All club treasurers are asked to attend Treasurer Training at the beginning of each semester. This is a very important session that will explain how everything works!
Who should I go to in SGA if I have any problems with my club's account?
- If you have any problems with your club's account, please contact the SGA treasurer.
Please visit the following pages for more information on club finances: