Frequently Asked Questions
COHORT PROGRAMS IN Cecil COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Goucher College is working in partnership with Cecil County Public Schools to offer course work that will assist Cecil County teachers be the best teachers they may be! Teachers can take individual courses because they are of interest to them, finish a master's degree, or complete a Professional Development Certificate for those who already hold a master's. The cohorts offered at present include:
- Master's and Professional Development Certificate in Reading Instruction (leads to certification as a reading specialist)
- Master's and Professional Development Certificate in At-Risk Students.
- Three course (9 credits) in Literacy Strategies for Content Learning, course work focused primarily on writing and designed to promote reading, writing, listening and speaking in all content areas.
BENEFITS OF THE COHORT
- All classes are offered in Harford County schools.
- Teachers may take any courses that interest them. Enrollment in the master's program is not required to be eligible to register for courses.
- Most, if not all, of the courses need to complete the master's degree and Professional Development Certificate in Reading and At-Risk will be offered in Harford County if sufficient enrollment is received.
- Goucher is committed to connecting the content presented to the curriculum requirements for teachers in Cecil County.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $60.00 per credit registration fee. CCPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a three-credit class) for those eligible for reimbursement. Those not eligible for reimbursement will be billed $750.00. Teachers are responsible for purchasing required texts; books usually do not exceed $100 per semester.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
To ensure a space in this class, please complete the registration/application form for the course(s) in which you wish to enroll and send it by mail or fax to Ava Norris, Goucher College, Graduate Programs in Education, 1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204 (FAX: 410-337-6085). You will receive registration confirmation, from Goucher, as well as network credentials. Your credentials will provide access to the campus network, myGoucher, and GoucherLearn.