ACE: Academic Center for Excellence
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) is an academic support center that assists students in their effort to prepare for a life of inquiry, creativity, social responsibility and to develop a sense of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
ACE supports the college’s mission by providing individual academic coaching sessions, academic and wellness workshops, content-based supplemental instruction sessions and content-specific peer tutoring. The center is staffed by professional Academic Coaches and a trained graduate intern, who provide students with opportunities to:
- Develop self-awareness and autonomy
- Develop positive habits of mind
- Take responsibility and ownership for their learning
- Develop resilience and coping skills
- Learn and use effective study strategies
- Enhance and apply critical and analytical thinking skills
We offer relaxation and stress reduction strategies through yoga, meditation and other wellness practices.
Academic accommodations are implemented at the academic center for students with documented learning differences.
We are conveniently located in Julia Rogers Building, room 233, in the academic quad.