Break housing is provided to Goucher students on a limited basis. Students who are interested in applying to live on campus during official breaks must complete a break housing form.
There is no monetary charge for residing on campus during Spring break or Thanksgiving break. There are monetary charges associated with residing on campus during Winter and Summer break.
Thanksgiving Break Housing
How to request to stay over break:
- Students wishing to stay on campus must fill out the application which will be made available to you on Housing Director. (Use your Goucher username and password to log in).
- Forms should be submitted no later than Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 at noon, so that they may be approved.
Important Information For Students Approved to Stay on Campus During Thanksgiving Break:
- The Residence Halls will close for Thanksgiving Break at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, and will reopen Sunday, November, 26th at 9:00 am.
- Only previously approved students will be allowed to remain in the residence halls after closing.
- Students who are granted approval will remain in their current room assignment during the break period.
Having the opportunity to stay at Goucher during breaks carry additional responsibilities, and as such, please note the following:
- Your OneCard will only allow you access to your house.
- No overnight guests may be hosted in rooms during the break, including other Goucher students not approved to stay on campus during the break.
- All college policies and procedures remain in effect during the break. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct may result in immediate removal from campus until the residence halls re-open.
- There may be interruptions and noise disturbances during the break, as the facilities management staff uses break periods to make necessary repairs.
- You are only permitted to live on campus during your pre-approved dates.
- No meal plan service is available during Thanksgiving Break. Students will need to acquire their own meals.
- There will be reduced staffing in the Office of Residential Life during Thanksgiving Break; therefore, you need to be especially vigilant in following the same safety guidelines in effect during the academic year.
Winter Break Housing
Residence halls close at 10:00 am on Saturday, December 16th, 2017 and will reopen on Saturday, January 27th, 2017 at 9:00 am
Students who wish to remain on campus for up to two extra nights due to travel arrangements must complete the Winter Extended Stay 2017 application. No student will be able to stay past 10:00 am on Saturday, December 16th without previous approval from the Office of Residential Life.
The Winter Extended Stay 2017 application can be found on Housing Director and is due on Friday, December 8th, 2017.
All students who wish to return to campus for the month of January or before January 27th, 2018 must fill out the January Housing application, this includes students who have signed up for J-Term. Specific rates can be found on the application or or at this link. Housing rates are between $200-$750 with various length and meal plan options. There will be no charge starting January 26th, 2018 for early arrival.
The January Housing application can be found on Housing Director and is due on Friday, December 8th, 2017.
Please keep in mind, the period between December 24th, 2017 and January 1st, 2018 has been designated as a blackout period where no student will be allowed on campus for any reason.
Spring Break Housing
Summer Break Housing
Check back here in the spring of 2018 for more information.