A complete first-year student application includes:
1. Application Form (Choose One)
2. Supplemental Materials (Required)
- $55 application fee or waiver
- essay portion of the application form you choose
- official high school transcript (grade 9 and up), listing courses in progress
- secondary school report with a letter of recommendation from your college counselor or adviser
- recommendation letter from an academic teacher (English, math, science, foreign language or social studies)
- Early Decision Agreement Form—for Early Decision applicants only
Goucher has adopted a test-optional program, where submitting scores for the SAT Reasoning Test and ACT with writing is optional when applying for admission. You must indicate on the application supplement your preference for use of test scores in determining admission.
Although you may elect not to submit scores as part of the process of determining admission, please know that all admitted applicants who matriculate must furnish test scores for research and advising purposes.
Goucher's admissions counselors will review applications from students with outstanding academic records who will have completed fewer than eight semesters of secondary school by their desired matriculation date. Early Admission applicants may only submit their application for consideration under the Regular Decision program. These students are required to have an on-campus interview.
First-year students may apply for admission to Goucher College for the spring semester. The preferred deadline for submitting the completed application is December 1, and notification is rolling thereafter. Students accepted under mid-year admission are requested to return the enrollment agreement and non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit within two weeks of hearing the admissions decision.
Deadlines for First-Year Applications
Binding Early Decision I
If you have identified Goucher College as your top choice, you should consider Early Decision. This is a binding admissions option, meaning that students who are admitted under this plan are required to withdraw all other college applications and are expected to enroll at Goucher.
- Application + supporting materials due November 15
- Notification mails December 15
- Candidate deposit due January 15
Non-Binding Early Action
If Goucher is one of your top choices, you should consider Early Action, a non-binding entrance plan. Goucher mails out admissions notifications on February 1 to Early Action applicants. If you're accepted under Early Action, you'll have until May 1 to return the Declaration of Intent and nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- Application + supporting materials due December 1
- Notification mails February 1
- Candidate reply due by May 1
Binding Early Decision II
If you missed the November 15 deadline but still have identified Goucher College as your top choice, you should consider applying under our second Early Decision program. This is a binding admissions option, meaning that students who are admitted under this plan are required to withdraw all other college applications and are expected to enroll at Goucher.
- Application + supporting materials due January 15
- Notification mails February 15
- Candidate deposit due March 15
Non-Binding Regular Decision
Goucher sends out Regular Decision notifications on or before April 1. Under this plan, you'll have until May 1 to return the Declaration of Intent and nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- Application + supporting materials due February 1
- Notification mails by April 1
- Candidate reply due May 1