The Academic Center for Excellence is a resource center that strives to support students in their effort to prepare for a life of inquiry, creativity, social responsibility and to develop a sense of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
We provide students with opportunities to:
- Develop self-awareness and autonomy
- Develop positive habits of mind
- Take responsibility and ownership for their learning
- Develop resilience and coping skills
- Learn and use effective study strategies
- Enhance and apply critical and analytical thinking skills
There are many resources through which the center supports this mission. We offer study skills workshops and peer-led, content based supplemental instruction sessions including math assistance. We offer relaxation and stress reduction skills through yoga, meditation and Reiki sessions and encourage students to develop a skill set on how to tap into their inner strengths as they navigate their way through the rigors of daily college life. The center is staffed by professional Academic Coaches and a trained graduate intern. Academic accommodations are implemented at the academic center for students with documented disabilities.
Practice relaxation and yoga this semester. Bring your own mat and wear comfortable clothing. Click for dates and times.