Support for Reporting Parties
Sexual assault is never your fault
Sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, and harassment can be a traumatic experience, and the college encourages you to seek support. There are multiple resources available to help you, both on- and off-campus.
- Counseling Center: 410-337-6481, Mary Fisher Hall, top floor; Free mental health counseling. After-hours service: 855-236-4278
- Chaplain Cynthia Terry: 410-337-6048, Basement of the Chapel; Supportive listening.
- Rabbi Josh Snyder: 410-337-6404, Heubeck Hall, Room H206; Supportive listening.
- Victim Advocates: Welsh Hall, Room 338; Monday to Thursday between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.; drop-in.
- Peer Listeners: 443-632-7799, Pearlstone; daily between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m.; Students, trained in listening and crisis management skills, can meet you to talk about various topics including trauma.
- Health Center: 410-337-6050, Heubeck Hall, first floor; Medical exams and STD and pregnancy tests. Emergency contraception available.
- The Sexual Assault Legal Institute (SALI): 301-565-2277; https://mcasa.org/survivors/sali; This organization provides legal support for survivors the 1st Friday of every month during the semester in Alumnae/i House, 106.
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) SAFE Program: 6701 N. Charles Street, Towson, MD 21204; www.gbmc.org/safe; Free Sexual Assault Forensic Exam (SAFE). Go to the ER and inform the front desk staff that you want a SAFE. See website for further information.
- TurnAround: Hotline 443-279-0379, https://turnaroundinc.org; Counseling, support groups, legal and other advocacy for survivors of intimate partner violence and sexual assault—located in Towson. Call hotline to receive support, referrals, and/or to make an appointment.
- Planned Parenthood: 410-576-1414, 1714 Joan Avenue, Towson, Chat online or text "PPNOW" to 774636 (PPINFO); www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/maryland/towson/21234/towson-health-center-2831-90620; Reproductive health services, including emergency contraception and STD testing. See website for hours, to book an appointment online, and list of services.
- Sexual Assault Legal Institute (SALI): 301-565-2277; https://mcasa.org/survivors/sali; Legal support.
- RAINN: Chat at www.rainn.org; For survivors of sexual assault.
- Love Is Respect: Hotline 1-866-331-9474, Text LOVEIS to 22522*, Chat at www.loveisrespect.org; For survivors of intimate partner violence.
- The Network La Red: Hotline 617-742-4911, http://tnlr.org/en/24-hour-hotline; For survivors of intimate partner violence in the LGBTQIA, BDSM, and polyamorous communities.
- 1 in 6: Chat at https://1in6.org/helpline; For male survivors of sexual assault, including scheduled online support groups facilitated by a counselor.
- Cyber Civil Rights Initiative: Hotline 844-878-2274, www.cybercivilrights.org/victim-services; Support related to nonconsensual pornography, recorded sexual assault, and sextortion.
Apps for Safety
- Gopher Help: download 911 Shield, then search for Goucher College; Access campus resources for emergency assistance, safety escort requests, and more.
- myPlan: www.myplanapp.org; Personalized for your situation—myPlan helps you identify, navigate, and provides resources for a range of relationship abuse concerns.
- Circle of 6: www.circleof6app.com; Originally designed for college students. Need help getting home? Need an interruption? Let your circle easily know where you are and how they can help.