Return to Campus Update
Dear Goucher community,
It’s been very exciting to welcome some students back to campus over the past few weeks. While the on-campus experience looks different from what it was before the pandemic, it is wonderful to see students walking down Van Meter again. We continue to expect students to adhere to all health and safety protocols and review the updated FAQs and COVID testing dashboard. As we plan for a full return to in-person learning in the fall, we write with a couple of updates.
- We are planning for a full return to campus in the fall semester. Therefore, the expectation for both faculty and students is that classes will be in-person in the fall, with few exceptions. While room capacity limitations seem unlikely at this point, we have demonstrated that it’s possible to house nearly all our classes even with 6-foot distancing.
- International students unable to travel to campus can receive permission to attend classes online. More information will be forthcoming.
- Students unable to attend classes for health reasons may also receive permission to attend classes online. Information to request online status will be sent before the semester starts.
- Please look for additional information and specifics from the Provost and Registrar in the coming weeks.
Campus Access & Activities
- Goucher College Access is still limited to only the following four groups: Current Residential Students, Student-Athletes – NCAA athletes in-season competition or training with their respective coaches, Students in Hyflex courses, and Students with Provost Special Permission.
- Athenaeum/Library hours have been modified and are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 AM – Midnight
- Friday, 7:30AM – 9:00PM
- Saturday, 11:00AM – 9:00PM
- Sunday, 11:00AM – Midnight
- We will be holding modified in-person commencement ceremonies for the classes of 2020 and 2021. These celebrations will be limited to graduates and their few guests. More information has been and will continue to be shared with these students.
- We continue to test and monitor those students living on campus. Our COVID dashboard is updated twice weekly with the current Campus Alert Level and number of tests and positive cases on campus.
- Students in the on-campus groups must adhere to their regularly scheduled COVID19 testing. Failure to do so could result in revocation of campus access by the Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students as a direct violation of the COVID19 amended student code of conduct. To report any COVID-19 violations, the reporting form can be found on the website, the Gopher App, and CampusClear app on the final screen after completing the daily check-in.
- We are exploring further testing and vaccination options for the fall and will send updates as decisions are finalized.
Reminder: Everyone coming onto campus must fill out the Campus Clear questionnaire daily and show their Campus Clear Fast Pass confirmation at the gatehouse before being allowed on campus. If a student reports symptoms a Student Health Center staff member will be in touch for follow-up.
Thank you for your continued patience and vigilance as we work towards a full reopening in the fall.
As always, please reach out with any questions.