Spring Return to Campus Information
Dear Goucher community,
As we continue to monitor state and local positivity levels and the vaccine distribution is picking up, we feel confident that we will meet the Green Alert Level criteria established last summer and begin to reopen more fully. Plans are being finalized to move forward with a return to campus for some of our students in late March. Below are a few relevant updates to our partial return at the end of the month, and our full return to campus in the fall. The FAQs have also been updated, so we encourage you to review them again. Additionally, our COVID testing dashboard is now live and will be updated weekly.
Housing, Financial Aid, & Campus Access
- We completed priority group housing, everyone who has applied and accepted has received their move-in information.
- Move-in takes place over four days from March 27 through March 30.
- If you are interested in living on campus but were not a member of the priority group, we have additional beds available for the last seven weeks of the semester. If you are interested in living on campus this semester, please apply using this form.
- Student Financial Services is currently reviewing financial aid awards for those of you who are planning to return to campus housing for the second half of the semester. Revised statements are set to be available on the evening of March 10th with payment due March 24th.
- Housing remains at Level 2 Housing: this restricts residential students from other halls from entering another building. Only students who live in a building and a small group of staff (Residential Life, FMS, Campus Safety) will have access to that building.
- The campus access plan is updated on the website. All students are responsible for reviewing carefully and are required to adhere to all campus safety regulations.
- Within the next few weeks, we will share information regarding summer housing options for those who will not be residing on campus this spring.
Summer & Fall Academic Calendars
- The summer course schedule is posted and registration opens on March 15.
- The June term is from June 1 to 25; the July term will begin July 6 and extend through July 30.
- Reminder-Registration for fall semester classes begins the week of April 19. Please register at your assigned time.
- The complete 2021-2022 Academic Calendar is now available on our website.
Health & Testing Protocol
- All students are required to take a COVID19 PCR test within a week before their expected return to campus in March. All residential students must show proof of a negative PCR result to be allowed to move onto campus.
- Students are expected to quarantine for 14 days before returning to campus, with the exception of essential reasons such as work or doctor’s visits.
- Residential students are tested 7-10 days after arrival and must adhere to a modified quarantine protocol until they received their post-arrival negative test result.
- Goucher continues to conduct wastewater surveillance testing twice weekly, and residential students are individually tested should their residence hall report a positive wastewater test.
- Goucher is also testing hyflex commuter students, as well as other students who are regularly coming to campus, once a week. A testing schedule will be shared when hyflex classes commence. Student-athletes will be tested according to the Athletics testing plan.
- Reminder: Everyone coming onto campus must fill out the Campus Clear questionnaire daily and show their Campus Clear Fast Pass confirmation at the gatehouse before being allowed on campus. If a student has symptoms, a Health Center staff member will be in touch for follow up.
- If a student receives a positive test from somewhere other than the Goucher Student Health Center, they must inform the health center immediately through this form, and someone will follow up with them.
We look forward to welcoming some of our community back in a few weeks, and everyone in the Fall semester. As CDC recommendations are updated, we will also review and modify our plan and Code of Conduct. All students are expected to read and adhere to these expectations. Diligence now will ensure a successful return in the coming months.
As always, please reach out with any questions.