Information for Faculty & Staff
MD COVID Alert
Install this app to receive an alert if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
The COVID-19 vaccination is an important element of our risk mitigation strategies to maintain a safe campus. As such, all faculty and staff are required to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption. All employees should consult with their healthcare physician to discuss their personal circumstances and to address any questions about the vaccination.
Employees enrolled with Kaiser Permanente (KP) will receive a direct email or phone call from KP, as eligible, to schedule a time to receive the vaccine. Employees not enrolled in KP, or who wish to obtain their vaccination from an alternate location may be able to receive the vaccination through the health department in their county of residence (click the appropriate link below for additional information from health departments in surrounding counties), or by registering to receive the vaccine through the State’s website.
Anne Arundel County: https://aahealth.org/covid19/
Baltimore City: https://coronavirus.baltimorecity.gov/
Baltimore County: https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/covid-19/
Carroll County: https://cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19-vaccination/
Frederick County: https://health.frederickcountymd.gov/614/Novel-Coronavirus-COVID-19
Harford County: https://harfordcountyhealth.com/covidvaccine/
Howard County: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Health
Montgomery County: https://montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/vaccine/
Working Safely On-Campus
Preparing to Return
- Bring all Goucher College technology and equipment with you when you return to campus.
- Let your manager know if you have concerns or are unable to return in accordance with the timeline established. Your manager will work with you and HR to discuss any available alternatives (e.g., use of vacation or sick leave, telecommuting, FMLA, ADA).
- Possible reasons for inability to return include:
- Higher risk of infection based on CDC guidelines (you do not need to disclose specifics with your manager)
- Recent exposure to someone testing positive for COVID-19
- Displaying symptoms related to or testing positive for COVID-19
- Practice physical distancing: stay six feet apart from others.
- When able, avoid walk-in visitors and request appointments.
- When able, meet virtually to include employees working remotely and for physical distancing.
- When face-to-face meetings are necessary, try to limit to no more than 10 attendees.
- Practice good hand hygiene and wear face coverings when in public spaces.
- Regularly clean personal office and shared workspaces.
- Be aware of and follow campus and office/program expectations as outlined in various communications and signage.
- For more information, review HR's guide to Working Safely On-campus for Employees and Managers (PDF).
- Consider your area’s workspace, workflow, and priorities. Are reconfigurations needed? Which jobs can continue to be performed remotely?
- Contact employees to discuss return to campus plans and any concerns they may have.
- Contact the Office of Human Resources to discuss employee alternative work arrangements (e.g., telework, alternate schedule) or leave requests, as well as any work continuity plans or concerns for your office or program.
- Communicate the plan and expectations with employees.
Facilities Cleaning Plan
- Faculty, staff, and students will help clean spaces across campus.
- 300+ cleaning kits are being assembled and distributed to classrooms, offices, and common areas. Each kit will include paper towels, disinfectant, and cleaning instructions for proper use of the products.
Whenever possible, Environmental Services staff contact with faculty, staff, and students will be minimized by asking employees to empty trash receptacles to a central location and then schedule a weekly cleaning of low-touch areas on campus.
- Environmental Services staff will enhance and increase cleaning efforts in high-touch areas across campus by providing cleanings multiple times per day.
- Environmental Services staff will help monitor cleaning supplies across campus to ensure all areas remain fully stocked.
Policies & Procedures