COVID-19 Alert Level: Orange
Orange Level should be used mainly as a temporary stage while assessing level of infection.
- Regional rates of infection (10-14% positivity rate for 14 days); and/or
- Decreasing regional hospital capacity for 14 days; and/or
- Increase in COVID-19 in the main campus sewage that hasn’t yet been isolated to a specific building; and/or
- Increase in wastewater positivity (2-5%); and/or
- 41-80 residential students who are quarantined for a two-week period; and/or
- 50-75% of isolation space filled; and/or
- Anticipated shortage of supplies for cleaning and PPE; and/or
- Increasing concern about the number of tests available; and/or
- Evidence the campus community is ignoring baseline public health measures
In Orange, the following additional public health measures should be considered:
- Classes – Classes should move into online classes whenever it’s possible.
- Residence Halls – No visiting residence halls that are not your own.
- Common areas throughout campus are closed.
- Minimize exposures/close contacts as much as possible.
- Encourage students/faculty/staff to follow strict public health guidelines.
- Dining – Dining will continue to only offer prepackaged meals.
- Dining – Staff and faculty should not use Mary Fisher Dining.
- Athletics—The SRC and Athenaeum will be closed for community use.
- No in-person meetings should be held unless approved by the divisional VP.
- No in-person events should be held.
- Student Life – No tabling allowed.
Essential staff on campus only; implement telework of non-essential staff/faculty.