COVID-19 Alert Level: Orange
Orange Level should be used mainly as a temporary stage while assessing level of infection.
- Regional rates of infection (10-14% positivity rate for 14 days); and/or
- Cumulative numbers of new cases per 100,000 persons within the last 7 days is 50-99; and/or
- Decreasing regional hospital capacity for 14 days; and/or
- Increase in wastewater positivity (2-5%); and/or
- 41-80 residential students who are quarantined for a two-week period; and/or
- 50-75% of isolation space filled; and/or
- Anticipated shortage of supplies for cleaning and PPE; and/or
- Increasing concern about the number of tests available; and/or
- Evidence the campus community is ignoring baseline public health measures
In Orange, the following additional public health measures should be considered:
- Classes – Classes should move into online classes whenever it’s possible.
- Common areas throughout campus are closed.
- Minimize exposures/close contacts as much as possible.
- Encourage students/faculty/staff to follow strict public health guidelines.
- Dining – Dining will continue to only offer prepackaged meals and no indoor seating
- Dining – Staff and faculty should not use Mary Fisher Dining.
- Athletics—The SRC will be closed for general community use.
- Athenaeum will be closed for general community use.
- No in-person meetings should be held unless approved by the divisional VP.
- No in-person events should be held.
- Essential staff on campus only.
- Visitors – no visitors allowed in any residence hall.
- Special Events – Special events allowed with approved plans in place.