Inclement Weather Procedures
In the event inclement weather forces Goucher College to close, delay in opening, or close early, the following procedures will be observed:
- The announcement will be posted on the main page of the Goucher College website.
- The decision will be announced on the following stations:
- Baltimore area
- WBAL radio (1090 AM) and WYPR radio (88.1 FM)
- WBAL TV (channel 11), WJZ TV (channel 13), and WMAR TV (channel 2)
- A message will be recorded on the college switchboard, 410-337-6000.
- A message will be sent through the e2Campus Notification system.
When the college is closed, day and evening classes, labs for all programs, and all events will be canceled, unless there are specific announcements to the contrary. Administrative offices will be closed, and campus shuttle service will not operate.
The following services will operate as noted:
- Library-Open if conditions allow; hours may vary. Call x6360 for further information.
- Food Service-Operating with possible reduction of service.
- Office of Campus Safety-Operating.
- Facilities Management Services-Operating with limited service; priorities will be weather-related.
- Campus Post Office-Follows the college closing/delayed opening announcements.
- Student Health and Counseling Services-Will be available by telephone by contacting the Office of Campus Safety.
During heavy snow conditions, Facilities Management Services will remove snow in the following priority:
- main roads, building drives, and fire lanes
- steps, entryways, and handicap ramps to buildings
- parking lots
Please note: Cars parked on main roads, in building drives, or within fire lanes may be towed at the owner's expense. To expedite snow removal, please park only in parking spaces that have been cleared.
When the college reopens following a heavy snowfall, it would be helpful if students, faculty, and staff carpool when possible to reduce congestion on campus. Residents on campus are urged to restrict car use as much as possible until snow removal is completed.
Please note: Due to safety issues, when there is a delayed opening, the college asks that only employees designated as "essential personnel" come onto campus until the college is open.
Likewise, due to safety concerns for members of the community, when the college closes early, all non-residents with the exception of essential personnel, are expected to leave in accordance with the closing time. When the college is closed for inclement weather, all non-residents other than essential employees are asked to refrain from coming onto campus, for their own safety and to not impede the work of Facilities Management Services.