Placing non-coursepack items on print reserve

If you wish to place a non-coursepack item on print reserve (i.e., ad hoc or supplemental readings used for no more than one semester) in the library, the following steps must be taken:

  • Permission is required in order to place out-of-print material or more than the amount allowed under the Classroom Guidelines on reserve.
  • Library staff may consult with the Fair Use Committee to seek advice regarding whether the proposed use constitutes fair use. If the committee determines that the proposed use exceeds fair use, library staff will assist you in obtaining permission.