Parent & Family Leadership Council
The Parent & Family Leadership Council strives to enhance the Goucher community by actively engaging the parents and families of our students in support of the college.
The Parent & Family Leadership Council is comprised of a core group of current Goucher parents and family members who are philanthropically inclined and take a leadership role in the life of the Goucher community.
Your involvement will:
- Enhance your own student's experience.
- Invest in the value of every Goucher degree.
- Have a direct impact on our students' preparedness for a career or graduate school.
- Increase Goucher's parent giving participation rate.
Your role may include:
- Supporting Goucher with a personal leadership gift:
- Year One – Support Goucher with a gift that is in accordance with your capability.
- Year Two – Support Goucher with a minimum gift at the Leadership Level of $1500.
- Year Three – Support Goucher with a minimum gift at the Leadership Level of $1500. Increased giving encouraged.
- Year Four – Continued increased giving to Goucher. Let’s chat about a capstone gift! It may be time to involve your student in the family giving to a meaningful program or project.
- All members of the Parent & Family Leadership Council who contribute at the leadership level will be acknowledged in Goucher College’s annual Honor Roll.
- Advocating for Goucher College by promoting our mission in your hometown.
- Engaging fellow families by encouraging their financial support of Goucher and attendance at regional events.
- Serving as a liaison between families and the college.
- Hosting or sponsoring events in the support of Goucher and our students.
- Collaborating with Goucher's Career Education Office to mentor students and provide internship and hiring opportunities.
There are many ways to contribute to the success of Goucher College; all gifts support the mission of the college and the Parent & Family Leadership Council. Gifts to The Parent & Family Fund are encouraged and impact our students directly each and every day.
Please note that there are also many ways to donate your time and talent. As a member of the Parent & Family Leadership Council we hope you’ll consider the many volunteer opportunities available. Please fill out our general Parent & Family Interest form as well as the Goucher Career Education Volunteer form for more detail on your career field and availability.
If you have questions about philanthropy, please contact Susan Cohen, Senior Major Gift Officer, at 410-337-6074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.