Sample permission letter
Date of Request
Copyright and Permissions Department
[Name of Publisher]
[Number Street Address]
[City, State Zip Code]
To Whom It May Concern:
I would like permission to copy the following for continued use in my classes in future seminars:
- Title: Education is the Key to Our Future, 3rd edition
- Copyright: Your Company, 1995, 1996, 1998
- Author: Learned B. Sure
- Material to be copied: Chapter 3
- Pages: 45-60
- Number of copies: 20
- Distribution: This copy will be distributed to students in my classes and they will pay only the costs for photocopying.
- Type of reprint: Photocopy
- Use: The chapter will supplement teaching materials.
I have also enclosed a stamped, self-addressed envelope for your convenience in responding to my request. Please also note my e-mail address and fax number below.