A Message from the Program Director
Greetings, and welcome to the Fall 2019 semester of the Sage Academy for Lifelong Learning at Goucher College!
Click here to view the current course catalogue. You’ll see that we have a very exciting line-up in store. Here are just a few examples:
- Make-and-take your own traditional Smith Island Cake, just in time for holiday planning, with Dr. Annalisa Czeczulin
- Explore three world-wide examples of census gathering and learn of the potential and perils associated with categorization, with Dr. Phong Le
- Continue Sage’s exploration of Shakespeare with theatre professor Michael Curry as we discover the whys and hows of the success of the Bard of Avon's works on the big screen
And if you’re a lover of Jane Austen, you will not want to miss:
- A free program of pieces from Pride and Prejudice performed by opera artists from Peabody Opera Theatre on 9/18 – Sage’s opening day!
- Collecting Jane Austen in America with eminent scholar Dr. Juliette Wells, along with a unique opportunity to view items from Goucher’s world-famous collection
And the list goes on!
Take some time to peruse the information, either by leafing through the catalogue or by exploring the web site: www.goucher.edu/sage
Registration is now open. Some programs have very limited capacity, so be sure to enroll without delay!
We look forward to welcoming you on campus.
Judy Cohen, MACS ‘12
Program Director, Sage Academy for Lifelong Learning