Literacy Strategies for Content Learning (with Reading Teacher Endorsement)
The Goucher Literacy Cohort is designed for educators who wish to develop deeper understanding of the literacy skills and strategies that align to the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects. Educators will not only develop conceptual understanding of disciplinary literacy, but will also learn specific skills and strategies to support learners in diverse classrooms. The cohort includes the 12 credits required for reading teacher endorsement.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $195.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $945 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
A total of 18 credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition
- ED 620A.200, Teaching Students to Write Using Multiple Strategies (3 credits)
- ED 620B.200, Teaching Students to Write Using Multiple Strategies: Issues of Correctness (3 credits)
- ED 626.200, Diagnosis of Reading Difficulties (3 credits)
- ED 638B.200, Seminar in Reading Intervention Strategies: Comprehension (1.5 credits)
- ED 638C.200, Seminar in Reading Intervention Strategies: Vocabulary (1.5 credits)
- ED 639.200, Psychological and Linguistic Foundations of Reading (3 credits)
- ED 697.200, Reading Strategies for Content Learning (3 credits)