At Risk And Diverse Learners With A Literacy Emphasis
The At-Risk and Diverse Learners with a Literacy Emphasis cohort helps participants better understand and guide a growing population of psychologically and sociologically disrupted students to become more productive and successful students especially in the areas of reading and writing.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $195.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $945 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
A total of 18 credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition
- ED 631.200, Psychological and Social Characteristics of the At-Risk and Diverse Learner (3 credits)
- ED 632.200, Psychological and Social Characteristics of the Resilient Student (2 credits)
- ED 625.200, Strategies and Resources for Teaching Reading (3 credits)
- ED 634.200, Special Project Seminar on the At-Risk and Diverse Learner (technology
and portfolio completion) (1 credit)
- ED 638.200, Reading Interventions (3 credits)
- ED 639.200, Psychological and Linguistic Foundations of Reading (3 credits)
- One elective:
ED 626.200, Diagnosis of Reading Difficulties (3 credits), or
ED 620A.200, Teaching Students to Write Using Multiple Strategies: Composing (3 credits)