Bachelor of Arts - Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies: Program Goals
Program Goals (Updated: February 2018)
- Students must identify and explain key disciplinary concepts with a focus on theories
- Students must acquire writing skills, including the ability to develop an internally
coherent and structured argument as part of their research papers.
- Students must possess oral communication skills that allow them to engage in discussion
and verbal exchange of ideas and concepts.
- Student must be able to use electronic resources pertaining to research in all Women,
Gender, and Sexuality Studies courses, including: electronic library databases, online
learning course components using Canvas, digital media archives, online geographical
maps and resources, and online film, visual, and audio resources.
- Students must acquire thinking skills that allow them to retain, manage and synthesize
complex information and ideas.
- Students must demonstrate a sense of the responsibilities of citizenship and a sense
of personal political efficacy/engagement.