Master of Fine Arts in Nonfiction: Program Goals
Program Goals (Updated: February 2018)
- Develop and write a longform nonfiction work of publishable quality.
- Demonstrate mastery of the use of fact in narrative storytelling.
- Show exemplary application of skills in writing, research, editing, and revision.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of both classic and contemporary nonfiction by diverse writers and perspectives.
- Identify how one’s own writing aligns with or differs from the greater body of nonfiction work.
- Demonstrate both verbally and in writing the ability to analyze and critique the writing
of fellow students and other writers.