Master of Education - Urban Education: Program Goals
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory, research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity, and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity and equity.
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor, behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education: Urban Education Outcomes
- MEDURBAN001: Frameworks: The educators and other professionals have knowledge and understanding of frameworks for educating urban and diverse learners.
- MEDURBAN002: Environment: The educators and other professionals have knowledge and understanding of the urban environment and its educational and social impact on teaching and learning.
- MEDURBAN003: Democratic Society: The educators and other professionals have knowledge and understanding of the importance of diversity and equity in a democratic society.
- MEDURBAN004: Social Problems: The educators and other professionals have knowledge and understanding of the social problems confronting urban and diverse learners.
- MEDURBAN005: Applying Frameworks: The educators and other professionals develop skills and are able to identify and discuss the various frameworks for educating urban and diverse learners.
- MEDURBAN006: Strategies: The educators and other professionals develop skills and are able design culturally responsible instructional strategies and assessment techniques and apply them to classroom situations for use with urban and diverse learners.
- MEDURBAN007: Current Issues: The educators and other professionals develop skills and are able utilize an issue analysis format to analyze at least one current issue related to urban and diverse learners.
- MEDURBAN008: Alternatives: The educators and other professionals develop skills and are able analyze problems of urban and diverse learner and generate viable alternative for resolving social, behavioral, and academic problems related to urban and diverse learners.
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application: Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction: Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry, problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
Curriculum Map (Courses mapped to Program Goals)