Master of Education - Middle Level Education Area: Program Goals
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory, research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity, and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity and equity.
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor, behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education: Middle Level Education Area Outcomes
- MEDMIDDLE001: Specific Specialization Standard 1: Recognize the significant transition that middle level children/youth experience (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE002: Specific Specialization Standard 2: Explain the extent and manner in which biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect the middle level child/youth during different developmental periods (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE003: Specific Specialization Standard 3: Explain the need to develop an environment with flexible scheduling, grouping, and diverse practices to show a sense of shared responsibility for the middle level children and youth (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE004: Specific Specialization Standard 4: Understand the need for programs and practices that sustain integrated and activity-centered curriculum for middle, level children and youth (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE005: Specific Specialization Standard 5: Recognize the demands of life in a fast changing world as it affects the behavior, character, ethics, and values of a diverse middle level population (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE006: Specific Specialization Standard 6: Correlate the differing perspective of causality to prevention, intervention, and discipline management programs and strategies for middle level children and youth (knowledge).
- MEDMIDDLE007: Specific Specialization Standard 7: Analyze the psychological, emotional, and social dynamics related to the middle level child/youth and its affects on the interdisciplinary team approach (skill).
- MEDMIDDLE008: Specific Specialization Standard 8: Demonstrate a variety of techniques and strategies to restructure the assessment process for middle level children and youth (skill).
- MEDMIDDLE009: Specific Specialization Standard 9: Implement a curriculum that assists the middle level children/youth to become independent, confident, life-long learners as they develop a broad knowledge base and transition to the higher levels of education (skill).
- MEDMIDDLE010: Specific Specialization Standard 10: Analyze the need for a cooperative environment that is inclusive of all middle level children/youth, their parents, the staff and community (skill).
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application: Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction: Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry, problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
Curriculum Map (Courses mapped to Program Goals)