Master of Education - Athletic Program Leadership and Administration: Program Goals
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory,
research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of
assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be
able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political
community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity,
and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research
into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use
data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies
appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation
skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working
in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor,
behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education - Athletic Leadership
- MEDAL001: Philosophy: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other
professionals we prepare are educational leaders who have knowledge and understanding
of the role of philosophy and ethics in the management of athletics including ethics
of program management; and principles, practices and strategies of coaching.
- MEDAL002: Contemporary Issues: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs,
or other professionals we prepare are educational leaders who understand the impact
of contemporary issues in athletics on program development and implementation including
historical and philosophical issues in development of athletic programs; societal
and legal forces that shape athletic programs; and contemporary issues in management,
leadership and coaching.
- MEDAL003: Management: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other
professionals we prepare are educational leaders who are able to facilitate the management
of athletic programs including personnel management; program management; legal issues;
fiscal and budgetary controls; rules compliance; and marketing and public relations.
- MEDAL004: Competition: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other
professionals we prepare are educational leaders who apply the implications of competition
to the athletic programs they deliver including relationship between personality development,
self esteem and development of student athlete; relationship between personality development,
aggression and athletic performance; applying group processes to the athletic team;
and attitudes and motivation.
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application:
Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information
accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact
electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively
and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding
of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information
technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction:
Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the
delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess
learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry,
problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development
issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance
and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies
to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning
and professional growth in technology.
Updated: February 2018