Master of Education - Athletic Leadership: Program Goals
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory, research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity, and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity and equity.
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor, behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education - Athletic Leadership
- MEDAL001: Philosophy: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other professionals we prepare are educational leaders who have knowledge and understanding of the role of philosophy and ethics in the management of athletics including ethics of program management; and principles, practices and strategies of coaching.
- MEDAL002: Contemporary Issues: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other professionals we prepare are educational leaders who understand the impact of contemporary issues in athletics on program development and implementation including historical and philosophical issues in development of athletic programs; societal and legal forces that shape athletic programs; and contemporary issues in management, leadership and coaching.
- MEDAL003: Management: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other professionals we prepare are educational leaders who are able to facilitate the management of athletic programs including personnel management; program management; legal issues; fiscal and budgetary controls; rules compliance; and marketing and public relations.
- MEDAL004: Competition: Program leaders, administrators of athletic programs, or other professionals we prepare are educational leaders who apply the implications of competition to the athletic programs they deliver including relationship between personality development, self esteem and development of student athlete; relationship between personality development, aggression and athletic performance; applying group processes to the athletic team; and attitudes and motivation.
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application: Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction: Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry, problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
Link to Curriculum Map (Courses mapped to Program Goals)