Master of Arts in Digital Arts: Program Goals
- Provide digital arts products in the forms expected by other industry groups, including media, film, video, music, and webcasting.
- Perform, present immersive media, and develop participatory media models both synchronously and asynchronously using the Internet and related technologies.
- Create new digital art content and forms, and develop an understanding of the aesthetics, evolution, and history of the contributory art forms.
- Construct the necessary digital media programming skills, digital signal processing skills, and software project management skills to work in the contemporary digital arts environment.
- valuate models of ethical and Intellectual Property used by artists.
- Understand new delivery methods, pricing models, and working methods in the digital arts.
- Identify tools for the creation of an inexpensive but powerful open source, cross-platform project studio within the realities of today's extreme economic constraints.
- Contribute to open source projects
- Develop an understanding of the legal and business issues involved in an entrepreneurial digital arts startup enterprise.
- Develop and manage budgets and program costs.
Revised: August 2011