Food Quality for Casserole Donations
Our Daily Bread requires a strict protocol to maintain food quality for all casserole donations.
How to cook your casserole
- Follow the recipes that Our Daily Bread provides on its website. Do not make any changes. https://www.catholiccharities-md.org/services/our-daily-bread-hot-meal-program/
- Wash your hands and cooking utensils.
- Bake the casserole in a metal, disposable 12 X 10-inch pan that is 2 and 9/16 inches deep.
- Freeze the casserole before donating. This is a critical step as the casseroles are stacked and will ooze out of their containers if not completely frozen.
- Cover casserole tightly in foil and label the outside with the date, name of the recipe, and your name.
How to donate your casserole
- The Community Bowl will be collecting casseroles Monday, February 18 and Monday, March 18 in the lobby of the Mary Fisher Dining Center.
- Collections will take place from 9 to 10 a.m. both days.