Media, Arts, & Communications (MAC)
Media, Arts & Communications
- Do you want to express yourself creatively?
- Do you enjoy conveying your ideas to an audience?
- Do you have a way with words, images, music, or film?
- Do you have an appreciation for aesthetics or optics?
- Do you value flexibility and working in a less structured environment?
If you answered yes to any of these questions...
Consider Joinging MAC!
The MAC community consists of people who are interested in or work in the media, arts, and communications industries. Find your professional “home” in MAC to explore industry-specific opportunities and connect with people who share your career interests.
Careers interests in this community include (but are not limited to) creating original work, using words or visuals to communicate with an audience, performing, building a brand, and managing the production of a creative work from behind the scenes.
Essential Skills in MAC
- Creative-problem solving
- Artistic or creative ability
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Research skills
- Aesthetic skills
- Technical ability with artistic media or technology
Sample Career Paths/Sample Jobs
- Goucher Film Club
- 1021 Hip Hop Team
- Dance Improv Club
- Dance Team
- Garam Gophers (Bollywood Dance)
- Improv Club
- Improv Troupe
- Independent Music Club
- Open Circle Theatre
- Poetry Hour
- Preface: Art and Literary Magazine
- The Quindecim
- The Goucher Eye
- Collage Club
- Fashion Club
*This is not meant to be a comprehensive list and only includes some of the many professional associations in each industry.
Professional associations unite people in the same profession/occupation. They provide opportunities for members to engage in professional development and advance in their careers. Benefits include networking with other professionals, access to conferences/workshops, and trainings/certifications within the field.
Dance and Theater
Fine Arts and Art History
Graphic Design and Illustration
What is it like to be a graphic designer? In this Career Q&A video interview, Annie Godzicki talks about her career path, what she does on the job, and the keys to success in the graphic design field. She also offers candid advice on breaking into the profession as well as insight into the industry’s biggest challenges and how the field may change in the next ten years. Brought to you by Vault.
- January 31, 2020
Join the Hub for a casual morning drop-in of hot coffee, donuts, and conversation with a few Goucher alums! Each Coffee Chat will feature alums working within 1 of our 5...
- Image associated with "Coffee Chat - MAC (Media, Arts & Communications) Career Community at Van Meter Hall"February 21, 2020
Drop in at the Hub for a casual morning conversation over hot coffee and donuts with Goucher alumnae/i whose careers align with the MAC Career Community (Media, Arts &...