Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology, & Analytics (BETA)
Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology & Analytics
- Do you want to create and implement a new idea or product?
- Do you want to work for yourself and/or manage others?
- Do you want to help clients solve problems?
- Do you want to innovate with technology?
- Do you want to use data to increase revenue or optimize performance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions...
Consider joining BETA!
The BETA community consists of people who are interested in or work in the business, entrepreneurship, technology, or analytics industries. Find your professional “home” in BETA to explore industry-specific opportunities and connect with people who share your career interests.
Career interests in this community include (but are not limited to) starting a business, leading projects and/or teams, developing new products, providing a service, and using data/technology to solve complex problems.
Essential Skills in BETA
- Effective communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Data analysis and numerical skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a constantly-changing fast-paced environment
Explore Career Paths in BETA
O*Net Online - This free online database contains hundreds of occupational definitions to help students, job seekers, businesses and workforce development professionals to understand today's world of work in the United States.
What Can I Do With This Major? - Learn how majors span multiple industries and the various areas you can apply your major within
RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO CAREERS IN THIS COMMUNITY
- Community Based Learning
- Mathematics & Computer Science Club (MaCS)
- Psychology Club
- Middle Man Club
Alumni SpotlightBilly Daly ’16
Billy Daly ’16
Read My Story
“Try everything, fail most of it, quit the rest, and then find that one thing (or two...or three) that really makes your heart pound and gets your adrenaline pumping.”
*This is not meant to be a comprehensive list and only includes some of the many professional associations in each industry.
Professional associations unite people in the same profession/occupation. They provide opportunities for members to engage in professional development and advance in their careers. Benefits include networking with other professionals, access to conferences/workshops, and trainings/certifications within the field.
Accounting and Finance
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Society of Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Association of Finance and Accounting
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business
- American Finance Association
- Association for Financial Professionals
- CFA Institute