Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology, & Analytics (BETA)
Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology & Analytics
- Do you want to create and implement a new idea or product?
- Do you want to work for yourself and/or manage others?
- Do you want to help clients solve problems?
- Do you want to innovate with technology?
- Do you want to use data to increase revenue or optimize performance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions...
Consider joining BETA!
The BETA community consists of people who are interested in or work in the business, entrepreneurship, technology, or analytics industries. Find your professional “home” in BETA to explore industry-specific opportunities and connect with people who share your career interests.
Career interests in this community include (but are not limited to) starting a business, leading projects and/or teams, developing new products, providing a service, and using data/technology to solve complex problems.
Essential Skills in BETA
- Effective communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Data analysis and numerical skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a constantly-changing fast-paced environment
Explore Career Paths in BETA
- Community Based Learning
- Mathematics & Computer Science Club (MaCS)
- Psychology Club
- Middle Man Club
*This is not meant to be a comprehensive list and only includes some of the many professional associations in each industry.
Professional associations unite people in the same profession/occupation. They provide opportunities for members to engage in professional development and advance in their careers. Benefits include networking with other professionals, access to conferences/workshops, and trainings/certifications within the field.
Accounting and Finance
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Society of Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Association of Finance and Accounting
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business
- American Finance Association
- Association for Financial Professionals
- CFA Institute
Business Management and Supply Chain Management
- Image associated with "Coffee Chat with Francesca Njoku '98 - BETA (Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology & Analytics) Career Community at Van Meter Hall"November 15, 2019
Drop in at the Hub for a casual morning conversation over hot coffee and donuts with Francesca Njoku '98, a Goucher alumna whose career aligns with the BETA Community...