Career Communities are a new way to think about and explore your career options. At Goucher, we know that your major does not always determine your career path and that your career interests may or may not directly align with your studies—that’s why communities are organized by industries, and not by major.
Communities are a collection of people—students, alumnae/i, employers, faculty, staff, and family members—with shared career interests that fall into broader industry or occupational categories. Each industry-based community serves as a place to engage in career education, share industry-specific resources, and foster meaningful relationships with others in your community.
We encourage you to join any community that aligns with or sparks your career interests.
Reasons to Join
- Find your professional home—no matter where you are in your career journey, communities are a place to get started and to meet like-minded people.
- Engage in conversations with people who share your career interests, in both informal and formal settings.
- Learn about career options (including graduate school), trends, resources, and opportunities in your industry/industries of interest.
- Gain exposure to hands-on, industry-based career experiences, such as informational interviews, job-shadowing, internships, and virtual worksite tours.
- Participate in specialized events, services, and programs that are tailored to each community: Career Exploration Workshops, Community-building Activities, Career Meet-ups, and Virtual and In-person Gopher Treks.
- Grow your professional network as you connect with and learn from fellow community members.
- Feel more prepared to graduate and pursue your post-graduation goals!
How to Join
Coffee Chat Live
Head to Instagram Live every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. EST to tune into our reimagined Coffee Chat Series. Coffee Chats are casual conversations between alumnae and students about life after Goucher, career choices, living in the working world, and everything in between. We are excited to move these online to Instagram Live and bring these conversations to the greater Goucher Community. Listen in, ask questions, and connect with us! Feel free to jump on at any point and leave comments with questions or consider tuning into our Instagram Story on Tuesdays to leave questions for our guests! Find us at @thegoucherhub
View a recent chat with Franca Muller '10 of the GILS (Government, International Affairs, Law & Social Impact) Career Community, or check out our entire Coffee Chats playlist!
Career Communities Virtual Networking
As students and alumnae/i navigate through this unprecedented time, the Career Education Office (CEO) and the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs have reached out to alumni from a broad spectrum of career professions to help you connect with Goucher alumnae/i as you prepare to enter the workforce, search for jobs, and explore different career paths.
Explore the 5 Career CommunitiesClick on the icons to learn more
This web site contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Career Education Office and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The CEO provides these links only as a convenience and assumes no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for any material supplied by them.