Career Communities are a new way to think about and explore your career options. At Goucher, we know that your major does not always determine your career path and that your career interests may or may not directly align with your studies—that’s why communities are organized by industries, and not by major.
Communities are collections of people—students, alumnae/i, employers, faculty, staff, and family members—with shared career interests that fall into broader industry or occupational categories. Each industry-based community serves as a place to engage in career education, share industry-specific resources, and foster meaningful relationships with others in your community.
We encourage you to join any community that aligns with or sparks your career interests.
Reasons to Join
- Find your professional home—no matter where you are in your career journey, communities are a place to get started and to meet like-minded people.
- Engage in conversations with people who share your career interests, in both informal and formal settings.
- Learn about career options (including graduate school), trends, resources, and opportunities in your industry/industries of interest.
- Gain exposure to hands-on, industry-based career experiences, such as informational interviews, job-shadowing, internships, and virtual worksite tours.
- Participate in specialized events, services, and programs that are tailored to each community: Career Exploration Workshops, Community-building Activities, Career Meet-ups, and Virtual and In-person Gopher Treks.
- Grow your professional network as you connect with and learn from fellow community members.
- Feel more prepared to graduate and pursue your post-graduation goals!
Our Coffee Chat series is moving to Zoom! Coffee Chats are casual conversations between alumni and students about life after Goucher, career choices, living in the working world, and everything in between. Check out upcoming Coffee Chat dates and details here!
View a recent chat with Franca Muller '10 of the GILS (Government, International Affairs, Law & Social Impact) Career Community, or check out our entire Coffee Chats playlist!
Career Communities Virtual Networking
As students and alumnae/i navigate through this unprecedented time, the Career Education Office (CEO) and the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs have reached out to alumni from a broad spectrum of career professions to help you connect with Goucher alumnae/i as you prepare to enter the workforce, search for jobs, and explore different career paths.
Career On Demand
In 1-2 minute videos, gather information you need to help navigate the career exploration process. Gain industry knowledge from working professionals, both alumni and staff, who share the Goucher experience.
Not sure which community to join or still exploring? Make an appointment in Handshake to meet with a Career Advisor!
Explore the 5 Career CommunitiesClick on the icons to learn more
The Career Education Office (CEO) at Goucher College abides by the principles set forth by NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and expects that employers who use the Center's services will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, disability, or genetic information. All employment listings on the CEO platform are posted at the sole discretion of the Career Education Office.
The CEO is not responsible for the content of any linked site; the CEO provides these links only as a convenience and assumes no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for any material supplied by them. Goucher is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to research the integrity and safety of the organizations to which they are applying. Students are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and reach out to the CEO if they have concerns or questions.