Career Communities are a new way to think about and explore your career options. At Goucher, we know that your major does not always determine your career path and that your career interests may or may not directly align with your studies -- that’s why Communities are organized by industries, and not by major.
Communities are a collection of people -- students, alumnae/i, employers, faculty, staff, & family members -- with shared career interests that fall into broader industry or occupational categories. Each industry-based community serves as a place to engage in career education, share industry-specific resources, and foster meaningful relationships with others in your community.
We encourage you to join any community that aligns with or sparks your career interests.
Reasons to Join
- Find your professional “home” -- no matter where you are in your career journey, communities are a place to get started and to meet like-minded people.
- Engage in conversations with people who share your career interests, in both informal and formal settings.
- Learn about career options, trends, resources, and opportunities in your industry/industries of interest.
- Gain exposure to hands-on, industry-based career experiences such as: informational interviews, job-shadow, internships, and virtual worksite tours.
- Access specialized events, services, and programs that are tailored to each community such as: Round Table Series, Community-Building Activities, Gopher Treks, and Career Exploration Workshops.
- Grow your professional network as you connect with and learn from fellow community members.
- Feel more prepared to graduate and pursue your post-graduation goals!
How to Join
Identify the community or communities that align with your career interests! If you have multiple interests, you may join more than one community.
Not sure which community to join or still exploring? Make an appointment to meet with a Career Advisor!
Explore the 5 Career CommunitiesClick on the icons to learn more
This web site contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Career Education Office and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The CEO provides these links only as a convenience and assumes no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for any material supplied by them.