Maryland Scholars Program
A world of possibility awaits you, but so do a lot of questions and concerns.
You want Goucher College to be a part of your future, but can you and your family afford it? And what will be expected of you once you are enrolled?
You know you have the drive, the desire, and the potential to make the most of a Goucher education – you just need the opportunity to make it happen.
The Maryland Scholars Program (formerly the Educational Opportunity Program/EOP Scholars) is designed to make a Goucher education accessible to first-generation Maryland residents from under-served socio-economic communities. Maryland Scholars benefit from extensive academic and financial support throughout their four years at Goucher, as well as special programming to enhance both academic and social opportunities.
Qualifications for the Maryland Scholars Program
- Be a resident of Maryland
- Be a first-generation college bound student, defined as neither parent has more than a high school diploma
- Meet the academic and income guidelines set by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Howard P. Rawlings Guaranteed Access (GA) Grant
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), available after October 1, for federal and state aid consideration. It is strongly recommended that the FAFSA be submitted by December 1.
- Be admitted to Goucher College through the non-binding Early Action Entrance Plan
How to Apply
- Submit the Common Application and required supporting documents by December 1 (non-binding Early Action Entrance Plan) of your senior year.
The MSP Selection Committee will review submitted applications and notify candidates of their status in early February. Selected candidates will receive an invitation to attend the Maryland Scholars Program Information Day, which takes place in early April.
Program Contact Information
For more information on applying to Goucher and the Maryland Scholars Program, please contact:
Lisa M. Hill
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
For additional information of the Maryland Scholars Program and the experiences of enrolled Maryland Scholars, please contact:
Maryland Scholars Program Manager