You can submit your book purchase recommendations to us by using our online book order form. Book reviews to assist the selection decision are available from ChoiceReviews Online. This site provides an easy way to email book orders to the library as well. (See below for Choice order instructions). You may also use paper order cards, available at the Library's Circulation Desk or from Sharon Hartmann (X6409), Acquisitions Coordinator, who can send them to you via campus mail.
On occasions when you need a book urgently, write the word "RUSH" on your order request.
To check the status of your orders, please search the library catalog. Books ordered but not yet received appear with the designation "1 copy ordered for Main Collection on (date)." After they have been received, the designation changes to "1 copy being processed for Main Collection." If you need to have a book "rush" processed or have specific details about an order, any staff member at either the Circulation or Reference desk can assist you.
After your requested book arrives, it will be cataloged and processed. At this point, we will notify you by email that the book is available for you to check-out (if you wish). You may request that it be held for you at our Circulation Desk Hold Shelf. It will be kept there for up to seven days before being shelved in the collection.
Choice Order Instructions: http://www.cro2.org
To submit orders by email:
- Display the Choice record for the book you wish to order. (You may also mark a number of titles and send the whole batch.)
- Click the Email icon.
On the email form:
- 'Contents of email': Select 'Bibliographic Information Only'
- To: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: Use your Goucher email address (so we can validate)
- Subject: Book order from
Add your comments to email here:
- Type the departmental fund to be charged (e.g., IDS, English, History).
- If to be ordered for reserves, indicate course, number, and term needed
- Click 'Send email now'