The Friends of the Goucher College Library are Alumnae/i, faculty, students, library staff, and others who enjoy a common bond: a passion for communicating the importance of the library within the intellectual setting of Goucher College.
The purpose of the Friends of the Library is to generate goodwill for the library, as well as to promote the role of the library within the college community. The Friends present a variety of programs and events, as well as serve as advocates for the library.
Donations to the Friends are accepted through:
- The Greater Goucher Fund (www.goucher.edu/gift)- provide financial support to the library in times of great change.
- Proceeds from the sale of Nancy Patz notecards - Nancy Patz's children's books are celebrated for their creative, thoughtful, and vibrant illustrations. Eight notecards can be purchased for $10. These colorful illustrations make perfect greeting cards, depicting the warm, whimsical, and poetic nature of Patz's children's books.
- Proceeds from the sale of Jane Austen notecards- The Chris Hammond and Hugh Thomson notecard collections feature illustrations from the Burke Jane Austen Collection. *Notecards are available for purchase in the Library Administration Office, located on the 4th floor of the Library. Please contact Randalynn Kennedy at (410) 336-6362 for more information.
Contributions from the Friends allowed the library to purchase the newly-available digital archives of the Baltimore Sun and the Baltimore Afro-American. Friends gifts also helped equip the library conservation lab in the Athenaeum, and even sponsored the naming of a group study room in the library. More recently, thanks to Friends' support, the library has been able to add the Early American Imprints database of newspapers, broadsides and other original source materials and the Mango Language Learning system.
The Friends also support the annual Julia Rogers Research Prize, which honors Goucher students for outstanding work using library resources, and the Student International Purchasing Program which provides funds for students studying abroad to purchase materials for the library from their host countries (http://www.goucher.edu/the-library/library-information/library-prizes-and-awards/goucher-library-student-international-purchasing-program).
- Current issue of FOCUS: The Friends of the Goucher College Library Newsletter
- Past issues of FOCUS: The Friends of the Goucher College Library Newsletter