Requirements: Receive the Federal Pell Grant; be abroad more than four weeks (cannot be applied to summer programs) in any country of study.
Amount: Maximum of $5000
Fall/FY 2014-15: March 4, 2014
Spring 2015: October 7, 2014
NSEP David L. Boren Scholarship
Requirements: Must study for more than eight weeks in Africa, Asia, Central or Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, or a Newly Indep. State (NIS); commit to at least one year of government service.
Amount: Summer: max. $8,000
Semester: max. $10,000
Year: max. $20,000
Deadline: For any term of the 2013-2014 Acad. Year: February 4, 2015 5:00 PM
Goucher Study Abroad Program-Specific Scholarship Opportunities
Requirements: Students must study on one of the following programs:
- Antioch: Eberhard Karls Univ.
- UK Destinations (BUTEX Scholarship)
- SIT Study Abroad (see Jennifer White)
- Spanish Studies
Amount: Varies by program.
Deadline: Submit application by Goucher deadline; varies by program.
Goucher College Office of International Studies Scholarships
Requirements: Available for all Goucher study abroad programs, and for approved semester or year-long non-Goucher programs.
Amount: Typically between $200-$1000.
Deadline: Express interest in program application.
Office of International Studies
Local and State Resources
Resources in your hometown may prove to be a valuable component of your search, especially if you or your parents have been active in the community.
The following is a list of possible sources of money for you.
- Service Clubs: Inquire at your hometown Lions, Kiwanis, Women’s and other service clubs.
- Town Hall: Go to your hometown town hall and ask if there are any local scholarships.
- Chamber of Commerce: Visit the Chamber of Commerce to see if there are any opportunities.
- Your High School: Go to the guidance department of the high school you graduated from and inquire.
- Religious Organizations: If you belong to a church, synagogue or other religious organization, ask the person in charge of finances if there are any scholarships, grants or loans available.
- Family Employers: Ask your parents and other members of your family to check at work and see if their company offers aid to sons, daughters, or relatives of workers.
- Your Employer: If you hold a job, ask your boss if there are any scholarships available to workers in the company.
Office of International Studies 410-337-6455
205 Dorsey Center
1021 Dulaney Valley Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21204
Join our Facebook page, which is regularly updated with scholarship opportunities!