When Goucher students come back from studying abroad, they have some really great stories to tell. The thing is, members of the broader Goucher community don’t always get a chance to hear those stories. That’s why the Office of International Studies (OIS) and the Office of Communications started the Goucher Passport Series. The series offers a number of opportunities for students to share their study-abroad experiences with others.
You asked for it and we answered - The Goucher OIS Photo Contest is back starting in the Fall of 2013.
Goucher is looking for photos that capture the "essence" of study abroad and we want study abroad students to show us what that "essence" is. Submit your best photos for the bi-annual contest on our Tumblr and compete for Visa Gift Card prizes. The Contest will feature three categories of judgement: Best Landscape, Best Portrait and Editor's Choice, where students submit interesting photos they have taken while they are studying abroad. Be sure to follow us and stay tuned on our Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter for updates.
Just be sure not to miss the deadline of September 15, 2013.
Another aspect of the Passport Series is an essay contest. Students who are currently studying abroad or who have recently returned to campus, are invited to submit an essay about their experiences. Each month, we announce a winner who receives a Visa gift card. The essay winners will be announced here and posted on the OIS blog.
- October 2011 Winner: Erin Maxwell '13, Old Street Bathroom Visit
- February 2011 Winner: Amanda Lee '11, Series of Haikus
- November 2010 Winner: Rebecca Titus '11, Christmas Hygge
- October 2010 Winner: Abby Cooney '11, Untitled
- September 2010 Winner: Yolanda Abreu, Untitled
- September 2010 Winner: Simon Pollock, Buenos Dias Spiderman
- August 2010 Winner: Ellie Brown '12, Mi Sedar Es Su Sedar
|Follow our blog|
|Submit Your Photo to Tumblr|
|Follow us on Twitter|
|Join us on Facebook|