If a student calls Student Health and Counseling Services after hours and requests medical assistance, he/she will be advised of the:
a. Medical Assistance Policy (as set forth by the Student Health and Counseling Services),
b. hospitals or medical facilities to call, and
c. hours when Student Health Center staff are available.
If a student is too sick to make necessary arrangements or needs physical assistance, an officer will respond to the student's location and:
a. request an ambulance if warranted (see Emergency Treatment under Student Health and Counseling Services), and
b. advise the student of the Medical Assistance Policy (as set forth by Student Health and Counseling Services).
Medical Transportation by Cab
A service has been implemented for students who need transportation (of 15miles or fewer) to go off campus and return from routine or non-emergency medical attention. Students will be able to obtain this service through the cab medical transportation program.
• Students will have no initial out-of-pocket expenses, and the cost will be assigned to the user's (student needing medical transportation) college account. Up to four people may ride in the cab for the same fare.
• This procedure will assist in keeping medical issues confidential and provide consistency of patrol by officers. There are four offices on campus that are listed with Jimmy's Cab Company as authorized callers:
• Student Health and Counseling Services
• Office of Community Living
• Public Safety
• Athletic Trainer
1. The authorized caller will call Jimmy's Cab Company at 410-296-7200 and give the account number and directions (where to pick up, destination) to Jimmy's dispatcher.
2. The authorized caller will complete the appropriate part of the voucher(s), which will then be given to the student, after obtaining the completed Billing Authorization form from the student.
3. Departure: The student will give the cab driver the appropriate voucher to get to the destination indicated on the voucher.
Return: The student will call the original authorizing office for the return trip. The cab company dispatcher will ask for the phone number at the student's location. If a student requires only a return trip, (i.e., from the hospital), any authorized caller may make the call. The student will return by cab to that office and give the cab driver the voucher at that time. If the possibility exists that the student will return after the authorizing office closes for the day, the authorized caller will advise the student to call the Office of Public Safety for the return authorization. The authorized caller will then call the Office of Public Safety to report that information.
4. Request for return from hospital/accident or injury off campus: When the student requires cab transportation to return to campus, he or she will call the Office of Public Safety at 410-337-6112. Public Safety will call Jimmy's Cab Company and authorize the return trip to campus.
Medical Transportation by Public Safety
1. If a student is stranded at Greater Baltimore Medical Center, St. Joseph's Hospital, or a nearby medical facility, Public Safety will provide transportation back to the college, even if the original call was not handled through our office.
2. Public Safety will not provide transportation to a pharmacy for students to have prescriptions filled. Any student who makes such a request will be advised to have his/her doctor call in all prescriptions to a pharmacy that offers a delivery service. Pharmacies that deliver to Goucher include Lykos (410-252-4225) and Neighbor Care (410-583-9895).