Student Health Services has nurse practitioners, physicians and a registered nurse working together to provide you with health care. All health care providers are licensed, registered or certified depending on their particular discipline. This requires specific education and ensures that you receive the best possible care.
Several support staff such as our clinic coordinator, housekeeping and maintenance are vital elements in providing quality care.
The talents and caring of our clinical and support staff combine to provide you with health and wellness services tailored to the specific needs and concerns of college students.
While providing care when you are ill or injured is a very important aspect of what we do, we also want to help you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy lifestyle choices. We provide information and programming regarding many areas of concern to college students.
Jeannette Hadfield, Director, Nurse Practitioner
Qualifications: R.N., B.S., C.R.N.P.
- Registered Nurse Diploma, Norwalk Hospital School of Nursing, Norwalk, CT.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science Health Care Science, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Advanced Education: Certification Family Nurse Practitioner, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Graduate Education: Masters of Health Care Administration (in progress) Towson University, Towson, MD
- Certification: Certified Registered Adult Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Committee Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Membership: American College Health Association, Mid Atlantic College Health Association, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, International Critical Incidence Stress Foundation, American Heart Association, BLS, CPR instructor.
- Work Experience: Associate Director Student Health Services, Towson, MD. Nurse Practitioner Johns Hopkins University Student Health Center, Baltimore, MD. Nurse practitioner Baltimore Community College Student Health Services, MD. Nurse Practitioner Veterans Administration Hospital Emergency Room, East Orange, NJ. Nurse Consultant Pfizer Medical Systems, CT Division, Columbia, MD. Nurse Practitioner Johns Hopkins Hospital Primary Care Center, Baltimore, MD. RN Cardiology Dept., Cardiac Cath Lab, Yale University, New Haven, CT. RN - ICU/CCU/ER Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT.
Health Center Staff
Bonnie Bock, Nurse Practitioner
Qualifications: M.S., ANP-C
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark.
- Advanced Education: M.S. in Primary Care Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- Certification/Licensure: R.N., C.R.N.P. in Maryland, Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner by American Nurses Credentialing Committee.
- Membership: American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, American College of Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, Sigma Theta Tau, University of Maryland School of Nursing Alumni Association, American Holistic Nurses Association.
- Work Experience: Nurse Practitioner in private practice with Maurice Cuffee, M.D.; Nurse Practitioner in private practice with Robert Goodwin, M.D. and Associates, HelixCare; R.N./Head Nurse in private practice with Robert Goodwin, M.D. and Associates; Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse, Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD; Staff Nurse-SICU, St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, MD; Legal Consultant, Greater Baltimore region.
- Publications: Contributor, "Pharmacology for the Primary Care Provider", and the "American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult Nurse Practitioner Review Manual".
Tammi Davis, MD
Family Physician, Medical Acupuncturist
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia
- Doctorate of Medicine (M.D.) University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine
- Family Practice internship and residency: Medical Center of DE, Newark, DE
- Licensure: M.D. in Maryland, Registered Medical Acupuncturist in Maryland
- Membership: American Academy of Family Practice, America College Health Association
- Work Experience: Family physician currently providing clinical medical care at the Student Health Centers at Goucher College, Towson University, and Villa Julie College. Medical Acupuncture private practice in Owings Mills, MD. Occupational Medicine for Concentra Medical Group in Maryland. Primary Care practice with Northwest Primary Care Group in Reisterstown, MD. Primary Care Practice with Clinical Associates in Baltimore, Maryland. "On Line" Consultations for America's Doctor, Owings, Maryland
Linda Ryan, Nurse Practitioner
Qualifications: M.S.N., C.R.N.P.
- Undergraduate Education: B.A. in Psychology, Colby College, Waterville, ME.
- Advanced Education: Certified in Nursing, Yale University, MSN in Family Practice, concentration in Diabetes, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- Certification, RN, CRNP in Maryland, Certified Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Committee, Certified Diabetes Educator by American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Membership: Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Work Experience: Nurse Practitioner in private practice with Subhash Chaddha, M.D., Fairfield, CT; Nurse Practitioner Yale University Health Services, New Haven, CT; Staff Nurse/RN Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT.
Shirley Sample, Assistant Director of Student Health and Counseling Services for Health Services, Nurse Practitioner
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Nursing, Towson State University, Towson, MD.
- Advanced Education: M.S., Nursing - Adult Primary Care - University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, MD.
- Certification: R.N., C.R.N.P. in Maryland; Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner by American Nurses Credentialing Committee.
- Membership: Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland. Work Experience: Nurse Practitioner at Union Memorial Occupational Health Services, Baltimore, MD. Registered Nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of Neuroscience. Baltimore, MD.
- Publications: Contributor -- "Procedures for Primary Care Providers".
Counseling Center Staff
Raymond Green, Assistant Director of Student Health and Counseling Services for Counseling Services, Counselor
Qualifications: M.A., L.C.P.C., N.C.C.. B.C.P.C.
Mr. Raymond Green is a licensed clinical professional counselor, a national certified counselor, and a board certified professional counselor. His years of extensive mental health experience include treating adults and children with major mental health problems such as depression, eating disorders, anxiety disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, relationship problems, grief and loss issues, and substance abuse. Mr. Green has held several positions as a psychotherapist, program director, clinical supervisor, and consultant. Mr Green maintains a part-time private practice where he provides individual, family, and couples therapy to adults, adolescents, and children.
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Psychology, Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Graduate Education: M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Bowie State University/Adler-Driekers Institute, Bowie, Maryland . Attended Argosy University (Formerly American Schools of Professional Psychology) Arlington, Virginia.
- Licensure: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor/Maryland.
- Certification: National Board for Certified Counselors. Board Certified Professional Counselor by the American Psychotherapy Association.
- Membership: American Counseling Association, American College Counseling Association, and American Psychotherapy Association.
Justin M. Massey, Psy.D.
Justin M. Massey is a licensed psychologist who comes to Goucher College's Student Health and Counseling Services from George Mason University's Counseling and Psychological Services, where he completed his pre-doctoral internship (accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)). Dr. Massey obtained both his master's and doctoral degrees from Chestnut Hill College, which is also accredited by the APA. His clinical interests include anxiety, depression, overeating, college adjustment, relationship issues, and psychological acceptance.
Dr. Massey relies on evidence-based treatments to ensure that students get the best care possible. Pulling primarily from cognitive-behavioral and behavioral therapies, Dr. Massey collaborates with students to help them identify the behaviors that they wish to change; increase their awareness of their thinking and the ways this influences their feelings and behaviors; and develop healthier behaviors, thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs to live a more valued life. Believing that change cannot be imposed, he supports change in a manner that is congruent with one's own values and concerns.
Monica Neel, Psy. D.
Dr. Neel is a licensed psychologist who has been practicing in the Baltimore area since 2002. She obtained both her master's and doctoral degrees from the Clinical Psychology program at Loyola University in Maryland. Following graduation, she completed a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship through the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Johns Hopkins University. In addition to providing counseling services at Goucher, Dr. Neel maintains a private practice in Towson, MD, and is an affiliate faculty member at Loyola University.
While she has experienced addressing most psychological issues confronted by adolescents and adults, Dr. Neel has specialized training in treating individuals coping with trauma, anxiety (including OCD), depression, grief/loss, and the psychological impact of injury/illness. She also works extensively with individuals who struggle with eating disorders and substance abuse. Dr. Neel views the therapy process as a collaborative experience that promotes self-awareness, adaptive coping, and future resilience.
Brian Siegel, M.D.
Dr. Siegel is a psychiatrist and has been part of the Health Center since 2003. A native of Baltimore, he attended McDonogh School and then earned his BS degree in psychology at Duke University. He received his medical degree in 1982 from the University of Maryland at Baltimore, where he them completed his internship in pediatrics, residency in general psychiatry, and fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry. He is board certified in both general and child psychiatry and has long held an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Siegel has had experience in many different clinical settings, but since 1987 has most enjoyed private practice with child and young adult populations, particularly those with attention, mood, and anxiety problems. In his role at Goucher College, he is especially concerned that students understand their emotional health needs and integrate a variety of treatment approaches into their lives of increasing self-reliance.
Christine Snyder, Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist
Qualifications: M.A., LCMFT
Christine Snyder is a licensed clinical marriage and family therapist who has been providing counseling to adults, adolescents and children in Connecticut and Maryland since 2005. Christine is a proponent of positive psychology and works collaboratively with clients to mobilize existing resources, develop new resources and coping skills, and generally enhance positive thoughts, emotions and behaviors, with the general goal of attaining sustainable happiness. Christine provides dialectical behavior therapy-informed care to help clients become more effective in managing their mental health, as well as day-to-day problems. To this end, Christine works with clients to enhance, as needed, distress tolerance, mindfulness, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness skills. Her specialties include treating adults and children with major mental health problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, grief and loss issues, self-esteem issues, social skills issues, anger management, relationship problems, and sexual identity, gender identity and GLBTQ population issues.
- Graduate Education: MA (Human Development and Family Studies) from the University of Connecticut
L.L.B and B.C.L (Common Law and Civil Law degrees) from McGill University
- Licensure: Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist: Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Membership: American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, and the Middle Atlantic Division (MAD) of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy. Also a member of the New York Bar, Law Society of Upper Canada and Quebec Bar.