Good health spans the body and mind. When it comes to your student's well-being, Goucher's Student Health Services provides medical and emergency care, along with comprehensive educational services to maintain or improve your student's physical and mental health. We hope your student won't need us, but if need be, we're here.
In the meantime, here are a few things to do and know before your student comes to campus:
- Have your student check out the New Student Portal for the Health Center's requirements, including the medical forms that are due Friday, July 18. All incoming students must complete and return these forms by fax (410-337-6051) or mail (Goucher Student Health and Counseling, 1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204). Students who fail to return their forms, or who are not in compliance with the immunizations required by Maryland law, will have a hold put on their account.
- Your student should have a physical examination before coming to school, and he or she should update required immunizations and refill all medications.
- Out-of-state students with Kaiser Permanente insurance will need to call the company and get a new ID number they can use in Maryland.
- If your student has a serious chronic medical problem, you might want to check with your insurance company for physicians in the Towson area for follow-up care.
- If your student is being followed for mental health, please make arrangements now with his or her counselor for appointments during breaks and for receiving medications. Goucher Student Health and Counseling does not prescribe ADHD medications.
If you have other questions, call 410-337-6050 or visit the website at goucher.edu/health for more health and counseling information.