Check back in the spring of 2017 for an update on Summer Break Closing.
Quiet hours for the reading period will be in effect from Friday, May 6, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. through Friday, May 13, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. During this time, quiet must be maintained, at all times, in the residence halls. Any loud gatherings or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Failure to abide by this policy will result in sanctions through student conduct.
General Closing Reminders
- Please make your travel arrangements so that you can depart no more than 24 hours after your last final examination.
- Be sure to sign up for a checkout time on your RA's door before you leave.
- Residents must sign up at least 24 hours in advance. You should be ready to leave the residence hall at the time of your checkout.
- Please, thoroughly, clean your room and bathroom. Remove all personal belongings from your room.o PLEASE NOTE: You may be charged for an improper check-out!
- All college furniture assigned to your room should be present and accounted for before checking out with your RA.
- Make sure to close and lock all windows. o Make sure to return your room key to the Office of Residential Life. Please place the key in one of the envelopes, found outside the office. Please write your name and room number on the envelope. Failure to return your key will result in a $120 charge for a lock change.
- The Office of Residential Life is open 9-5 Monday-Friday.
- If the Office is closed, place your labeled envelope & key in the drop box to the right of the Office door.
- At the conclusion of the academic year, all student mailbox keys must be returned to the campus post office. A $50 fee will be charged to replace lost, damaged, or keys not returned directly to the post office.
- The Office of Residential Life offers limited storage on campus to current students of the institution. Storage is offered to all residents on a space available basis. Students may store items in our storage unit for up to a full year.
- The Office of Residential Life will begin selling storage space and boxes beginning May 2nd, 2016.
- All items must be packed in standard boxes, supplied by the Office of Residential Life, except refrigerators. o Boxes can be purchased at the Office of Residential Life during business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We cannot accept any other boxes due to uniformity requirements.
- Pricing, as well as further information can be found on our website at this link.
- There is a limit of three (3) storage spaces per student, plus one refrigerator OR four (4) storage spaces.
- Once purchased, students can begin dropping off storage items to our units beginning May 9th between the hours of 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm, Monday through Friday. For access to the unit earlier, please contact our office directly.
- Remove all food and unplug the unit the night before you depart campus. Place a towel in the freezer section to collect water from defrosting. Do not try to remove any ice with sharp objects as this may damage the inside of the unit.
- Fully clean and dry the entire unit (with a Windex-type product). Be sure to clean the inside and top of the Microwave -- food often splatters in these areas.
- Remove all magnets and stickers -- and any glue left on the unit from stickers.
- Return the unit with all parts, including the microwave dish & ring as well as the two shelves.
- Leave the refrigerator & freezer doors open and print your name, residence hall name and residence hall room number on a piece of paper and place it inside the unit.
- Please leave the unit in your room. Units will be picked up from campus following student departures.
- If the unit has been moved from the assigned room, please notify the microfridge company immediately by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a unit requires cleaning or has missing or broken parts, the residents of the room are responsible for all costs. If a unit is not returned, then you will be responsible for the replacement cost of the unit.
- Please direct any questions regarding microfridges to email@example.com.
Late Stay Requests
- Any student who needs to be on campus during senior week, but is not graduating, must have their adviser, or supervisor, submit their name and the nature of their need to the Office of Residential Life for approval.
- If you cannot leave campus by May 12th, due to travel issues, you may apply for an extension.
Undergraduate Summer Extended Stay application can be found here.
- Deadline to apply: Monday, May 9, 2016
- Students will be notified by: Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Senior Summer Travel Extension application can be found here.
- Deadline to apply: Monday, May 16, 2016
- Students will be notified by: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- PLEASE NOTE: Applications for travel extensions will be reviewed, on a case by case basis, by the Office of Residential Life. Students will be informed via email if their application has been approved.
- The residence halls close for all graduating seniors on Friday, May 20, 2016 at 10:00p.m.