This building is named for Hans Froelicher. During his tenure at Goucher (1888-1930), he was a professor of fine arts and German; a dean; and, for one year, the acting president. This building is in close proximity to the residential quad, student recreation center, and two of the campus's main dining halls. The three houses share a courtyard, a feature seen nowhere else on campus. The breezeways around the courtyard include bike racks, benches, and access the residential quad.
This house is named for John L. Alcock, trustee of Goucher College from 1913 to 1957.
This house is named for Katherine Jeanne Gallagher, eminent Goucher professor and chair of the Department of History from 1915 to 1947. Dr. Gallagher, an author of many educational and historical articles, was a noted and lively lecturer both at the college and in civic groups.
This house is named for Charlotte Tuttle Hampton, class of 1895 and a generous supporter of the college.