Where do we start in planning our off campus trip?
- For help, take a look at our Off Campus Event Planning Checklist.
- Next, we strongly suggest you visit OSE's Event Planning Hours (noon-1pm, Monday- Friday) or schedule a time to meet with a staff member. We're happy to help you think through the many details involved in planning an off campus trip.
Do we need to register our off campus trip?
- Yes. Any student organization planning to take an off-campus trip must complete the Off Campus Trip Request Form.
- If you plan to lead an off campus trip, your best first step is to arrange a meeting with an OSE staff member.
How do we get approval for our trip?
- Please complete the Off Campus Trip Request Form and submit to OSE at least 14 days in advance.
- OSE will review your form and may need to talk with you further before making a final decision about approval.
- Student organizations must have approval from OSE prior to taking an off-campus trip.
Are we required to sign waivers?
- Yes. You must provide OSE with signed waivers for each individual participating in the trip at least 48 hours before you leave. Contact OSE to get a copy of the waiver.
- All participants must sign a waiver to go on the trip.
Are there any special requirements for trips that are outside of the Baltimore area?
- For any overnight trip that is farther than 250 miles from the Goucher campus, clubs must identify a Goucher faculty or staff members who will serve as their adviser in the planning process and who will accompany them on the trip.
- The student organization must pay the travel cost for the faculty/staff adviser.
- If a club wishes to request an exception to this policy, please contact Stacy Cooper Patterson. She, in consultation with Emily Perl (assistant vice president for student life) and Goucher's legal counsel, will consider the club's request.
Does the college need a list of students who will be going on the trip?
- Yes. Please submit a list of all students attending, as well as an itinerary with travel arrangements, destinations(s) and accommodations at least 48 hours before leaving.
Are students allowed to drive for these trips?
- If the trip is less than 250 miles from the Goucher campus, yes. However, for any travel in a college-owned, leased, rented, or privately-owned vehicle, drivers must comply with and be approved under the college policy on Use of College-Owned and Leased Vehicle or on Use of Personal Vehicles for College-Sponsored Activities. Students who plan to drive must complete all aspects of the application process at least 3 weeks (15 business days) prior to the trip.
- Any overnight trips to destinations that are farther than 250 miles from the Goucher campus must utilize planes, trains, busses, or other vehicles driven by professional drivers. No student is permitted to serve as the driver for such a trip.
- If a club wishes to request an exception to this policy, please contact Stacy Cooper Patterson. She, in consultation with Emily Perl and Goucher's legal counsel, will consider the club's request.
Does Goucher have resources available to help us with our travel arrangements?
- Yes! Please visit Goucher's online travel portal for help!
Also, please note:
- All participants on any trip remain subject to all college policies and procedures even while off campus, including but not limited to the Student Code of Conduct and the policy on Substance Abuse and Alcoholic Beverages.
- Violation of college policies by trip participants may result in sanctions to the participants as well as sanctions to the club, up to and including suspension of future trips, freezing of funds, denial of future funding, and withdrawal of the organization's charter.