Students should submit to Student Administrative Services, the Registrar, the Academic Dean or other appropriate College official, a written request that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect. The College official to whom the request is directed will make arrangements for access within 45 days and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the College official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed. When a record contains information about more than one student, the student may inspect and review only the records that relate to him or her. In accordance with federal regulations, students do not have the right to review the following records:
- The financial records of the student's parents.
- Confidential letters and statements of recommendation which were placed in the student's file before January 1, 1975.
- Confidential letters and statements of recommendation placed in the student's file after January 1, 1975 if the student has waived his or her right to inspect those documents.
- Records connected with an application to attend Goucher College if that application was denied.
- Education records containing information about more than one student, in which case the College will permit access only to that part of the record which pertains to the inquiring student.
- Those records which are excluded from the FERPA definition of education records.
Right of the College to refuse to provide copies:
Goucher reserves the right to deny copies of education records if the records are not required to be made available under FERPA, if the student has an overdue financial obligation to the College or if there is an unresolved disciplinary action against the student. The student retains the right to inspect and review the records in the latter two circumstances.
Fee for Copies of Records:
There is no fee for a regular transcript request. The fee for a 24 hour rush transcript is $10.00. The fee for copies of other education records is $.50 per page.