In accordance with the Clery Act, Goucher College publishes an annual report disclosing campus security policies and three years of selected crime statistics, as well as information about crimes that might pose a threat to the community, basic rights that must be accorded to victims of sexual assault, and the college policy regarding alcoholic beverages and substance abuse. A printed copy of the report is available, upon request, at the Office of Public Safety. Goucher's Clery Report includes the 2013-2014 Fire Safety Report. Click here to download the report.
Goucher asks all employees who witness, learn of or hear about a Clery Act crime* to contact the office of public safety and report what happened and where it happened; you may identify the victim or keep the victim’s identity confidential. Note that pastoral counselors and professional counselors are not required to report crimes unless they have a legal obligation to report a particular crime.
- Just get the facts; you are not a detective and should not investigate the crime.
- Don’t worry about categorizing the crime – public safety will do that.
- Don’t search for a perpetrator.
- Encourage the victim to report the crime to public safety; but it is up to them to report.
You can use the forms on this page to report the crime or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incident Report Form (Dating violence, domestic violence and stalking incidents)
- Sex Offenses Report Form
- Crime Report Form
*Clery Act crimes:
- Criminal homicide
- Sex offense: forcible & non-forcible
- Aggravated assault
- Motor vehicle theft
- Domestic violence
- Dating violence
- Hate crimes (based on race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity/national origin, gender identity).
Clery Report (PDF)