Peace Studies Resources
Peace & Justice Studies Association
Academic Journals in Peace Studies
Baltimore College Peace Network
Higher Education programs in Peace Studies
- Allan and Keller. What is a Just Peace?
- Paula Banerjee. Women in Peace Politics (South Asian Peace Studies series)
- David Barash. Approaches to peace : a reader in peace studies.
- David Barash. Introduction to peace studies.
- Barash and Webel. Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Elise Boulding. Cultures of peace: the hidden side of history.
- David Cortright. Peace: A History of Movements and Ideas.
- Elizabeth M. Cousens. Peacebuilding as politics: cultivating peace in fragile societies.
- Charles Covell. Kant and the Law of Peace.
- James Downton. The Persistent Activist: How Peace Commitment Develops and Survives.
- W.E.B. Dubois. In Battle for Peace.
- Grunewald/Dungen. Twentieth-Century Peace Movements: Successes and Failures.
- David J. Dunn, The First Fifty Years of Peace Research: A Survey and Interpretation.
- J. William Frost. A history of Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, and Muslim perspectives on war and peace.
- Johan Galtung. Peace by Peaceful Means: Peace and Conflict, Development and Civilization.
- Johan Galtung. Transcend and Transform.
- Ronald Glossop. Confronting War.
- Ian Harris et al, Global directory of peace and conflict studies programs.
- Walter Homolka. Gate to Perfection: The Idea of Peace in Jewish Thought.
- Charles Howlett, History of the American peace movement, 1890-2000 : the emergence of a new scholarly discipline.
- Tim Jacoby. Understanding Conflict and Violence: Theoretical and Interdisciplinary Approaches.
- Ho-Won Jeong. Peace and Conflict Studies: An Introduction.
- Louis Kreisberg. Constructive Conflicts: From Escalation to Resolution.
- John Paul Lederach, The Moral Imagination: The Art and Soul of Peace Building.
- John Paul Lederach. Building Peace: Sustainable Reconciliation in Divided Societies
- John Paul Lederach. The Little Book of Conflict Transformation.
- George A. Lopez. Peace studies: past and future. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
- Ursula Oswald. Peace studies from a global perspective: human needs in a cooperative world.
- Otto and Lupton. Give Peace a Deadline: What Ordinary People Can Do to Cause World Peace in Five Years.
- People building peace: 35 inspiring stories from around the world. European Centre for Conflict Prevention, in cooperation with the International Fellowship of Reconciliation and the Coexistence Initiative of State of the World Forum
- Oliver Richmond, The Transformation of Peace.
- Douglas Roche. The Human Right to Peace.
- Ranabir Samaddar, Peace Studies. (South Asian Peace Studies series)
- Joe Steiglitz. The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict.
- Strassen et al, Peace Action: Past, Present and Future.
- Paul can Tongeren, People building peace II : successful stories of civil society.
- John A. Vasquez, and Marie T. Heneha, The scientific study of peace and war : a text reader.
- Webel and Galtung. Handbook of Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Kathleen Maas Weigert and Robin J. Crews, Teaching for justice: concepts and models for service-learning in peace studies.
- Women's Studies Quarterly (95:3-4) Rethinking Peace Studies/Women's Studies.