School Improvement Leadership
The School Improvement Leadership cohort provides the needed knowledge, skills and coursework to earn Administrator I certification. In addition, the courses can be applied toward either the M. Ed. with specialization in School Improvement Leadership or the Professional Development Certificate in School Improvement Leadership (both of which are MSDE-approved programs for Administrator I certification). The courses could also be applied to a professional development plan for 30 or 60 credits beyond a Master's degree.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $195.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $930 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
These credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition. The 18 credits include all the courses required for Administrator 1 certification by credit count for those with earned master's degrees.
- ED 671.200, School Improvement Leadership: A Theoretical Perspective (offered in spring, strongly recommended for year 1 cohort students because it is a pre-requisite for ED 673)
- ED 681.200, Curriculum Development for a Multicultural Society (offered in fall, recommended for year 1 cohort students)
- ED 653.200, Supervision for Effective Instruction (offered in spring, recommended for year 2 cohort students)
- ED 646.200, School Law (offered in summer and fall on campus, sometimes in spring on Saturdays in AACPS depending on number of students; recommended for year 1 or 2 cohort students)
- ED 673.200, School Culture (offered in fall, recommended for year 2 cohort students: pre-requisite ED 671)
- ED 674 A.200 and B.200, Practicum in School Improvement Leadership (2 semesters) (begins in fall, finishes in spring; available only to those who have completed or who are taking ED 673 at the same time)
Graduate Programs in Education in the Welch Center
1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204
Ph: 410-337-6047 | Fax: 410-337-6085