School Improvement Leadership
The School Improvement Leadership cohort provides the needed knowledge, skills and coursework to earn Administrator I certification. In addition, the courses can be applied toward either the M. Ed. with specialization in School Improvement Leadership or the Professional Development Certificate in School Improvement Leadership (both of which are MSDE-approved programs for Administrator I certification). The courses could also be applied to a professional development plan for 30 or 60 credits beyond a Master's degree.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $195.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $930 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
These credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition. The 18 credits include all the courses required for Administrator 1 certification by credit count for those with earned master's degrees.
- ED 671.200, School Improvement Leadership: A Theoretical Perspective (offered in spring, strongly recommended for year 1 cohort students because it is a pre-requisite for ED 673)
- ED 681.200, Curriculum Development for a Multicultural Society (offered in fall, recommended for year 1 cohort students)
- ED 653.200, Supervision for Effective Instruction (offered in spring, recommended for year 2 cohort students)
- ED 646.200, School Law (offered in summer and fall on campus, sometimes in spring on Saturdays in AACPS depending on number of students; recommended for year 1 or 2 cohort students)
- ED 673.200, School Culture (offered in fall, recommended for year 2 cohort students: pre-requisite ED 671)
- ED 674 A.200 and B.200, Practicum in School Improvement Leadership (2 semesters) (begins in fall, finishes in spring; available only to those who have completed or who are taking ED 673 at the same time)