Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Digital Arts
Goucher's transdisplinary MFA in Digital Arts treats music, animation, design, computer programming, web development, entrepreneurship, new media studies, and other related fields as one larger convergent discipline. The MFA program offers students the opportunity to continue developing their artistic voice while gaining the technological skills that are most relevant to today's society. In addition to coursework in visual media, sound, and video, students take courses in management and creative web programming. This makes students stand out from their peers and uniquely positions them for the challenges of tomorrow. Students develop a rich portfolio of multimedia works that demonstrate a wide variety of skills and help them unlock their creative potential.
- Required core courses (22.5 credits)
- Elective courses (34.5 credits), including at least 7.5 credits from the professional sequence (PMGT)
- Creative seminar (6 credits)
- Capstone project (6 credits)
- Thesis (3 credits)
- 72 total credits
Required Core Courses
- DA510 Audio Techniques*
- DA560 Camera Techniques*
- DA600 History of Multimedia Art
- DA610 Media on the Internet
- DA615 Digital Media Programming*
- DA650 2D Design for Print and Web
- DA655 3D Modeling*
- PMGT605 Digital Ethics and Intellectual Property
*starred courses may be waived without credit by successfully passing a subject area diagnostic test.
Elective credits may be satisfied through a combination of Digital Arts (DA) and Management (PMGT) courses. With permission of the academic director, electives from other Goucher graduate programs may also be applied towards the degree.
Goucher College also provides inter-departmental dual degree options. For more information or to speak with an academic director, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-697-4646.